Lentil seeds contain many nutrients suitable for the development of the body and brain of young children. The dishes from them also have great taste, stimulating the children’s eating. Let’s get a notebook of some simple lentil recipes for gay kids below!
1. Nutrition from lentils
Lentils are legumes. Lentil seeds are round, slightly flattened, and are commonly sold in both shelled and unshelled forms. Lentils are a staple of Asian and North African cuisines, but most production today is in Canada. Overall, one cup of cooked lentils (198 grams) provides the following, although nutrition varies slightly between lentils.
Carbohydrates: 39.9 grams
Protein: 17.9 grams
Fat: 0.8 grams
Fiber: 15.6 grams
Thiamine: 22% of daily intake (RDI)
Nicotine: 10% RDI
Vitamin B6: 18% of the RDI
Folic Acid: 90% of the RDI
Pantothenic acid: 13% of the RDI
Iron: 37% of the RDI
Magnesium: 18% of the RDI
Rin: 36% RDI
Potassium: 21% of the RDI
Zinc: 17% of the RDI
Bronze: 25% RDI
Manganese: 49% RDI
Ingredients containing more than 25% protein should be a nutritious dish, can be used to replace meat. It is also a good source of iron, a mineral often lacking in vegetarian diets. Beans are also rich in fiber, which promotes bowel movements and promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract. Eating lentils increases stool weight and improves bowel function.
Additionally, lentils contain many healthy plant compounds called phytochemicals, many of which help protect against chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
See also: Dried legumes are good for the heart
2. How to cook delicious lentils for kids
2.1. Stir-fried lentils with meat
- Ingredients: 150g lean meat, 15g chili , 2g salt, 5g soybeans , 200g bean plant, 5 pieces garlic, 5g white wine.
Step 1: Wash beans, peppers and meat. Cut meat, peppers and lentils into bite-sized pieces and place in separate cups. Lean meat cut into pieces, marinated with soy sauce and spices to taste. Wait 5-7 minutes for the meat to infuse the spices. Place the chopped lentils in the pot and cook for about 30 seconds until the beans are just cooked through.
Step 2: Heat a pan and add oil. When the oil is hot, add the pork. When the meat is just cooked, add 5g of wine, 5 garlic bulbs and 5g of soy sauce and stir-fry. When the garlic starts to turn yellow, add the lentils and pepper and saute until fragrant.
Step 3: Add pepper, 2 grams of chicken powder and 2 grams of salt to fry. Put a little water in a pan mixed with cornstarch and continue to use your hands to blend the ingredients.
Step 4: Put the fried lentils on a plate. Sprinkle pepper on top to add flavor. Prepare 1 cup of spicy and sour soy sauce soaked in stir-fried lentils. You can use it with hot rice, fried with vermicelli or mixed vermicelli when bored with rice.
2.2. Lentil soup
- Ingredients for vegetable broth: 200 grams of carrots , 4 branches of thyme, 200 grams of celery , 2 bell peppers , 2 onions.
- Ingredients for the soup: 600 grams of carrots, 140 grams of peeled lentils, 125 ml of unsweetened fresh milk, 2 teaspoons of cumin, A little crushed dried pepper, Unsweetened yogurt, added spices.
Step 1: Cook vegetable broth: Peel and cut carrots. Celery washed, cut into small pieces. Onions and peppers sliced and minced. Pour 2 liters of water into all the ingredients, simmer for about 40-50 minutes, pour the water into another pan and strain the used vegetables.
Step 2: Prepare vegetarian lentil soup. Carrots do not need to be peeled to cook soup, you wash them thoroughly, cut them into pieces and put them in a blender to puree.
Step 3: Heat a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and dried chili peppers, bake for 1 minute, start to smell, half scoop and set aside.
Put the olive oil, grated carrots and lentils in the pan, then add the vegetable soup and milk. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for about 20 to 30 minutes until the lentils swell and soften. You can add seasoning as you like.
Step 4: Put the lentil mixture in a blender and blend until smooth. Ladle into a bowl, add unsweetened yogurt and toasted dill. Heat it up with bread and enjoy.
2.3. Chicken lentil porridge
- Ingredients: Chicken breast (this part is soft and nutritious for your baby, so choose chicken breast), red lentils, onion vegetables, carrots, olive oil , broccoli
- How to choose good broccoli:
– By color: When choosing cauliflower, give preference to bright white flowers as white as possible. As with broccoli, the darker the flower, the sweeter and softer the taste. Don’t choose cauliflower that looks spotty, bumpy, or yellow.
– Based on shape and size: Cauliflower is heavy, fits in the hand, has a moderate weight, and has a fresh green, wilting stalk that is a delicious flower. You should also pay attention to choose cauliflower flowers that are intact, not cracked, crushed, damaged.
– Based on the hardness: You can feel the firmness, crunchiness and firmness by touching the surface of the cauliflower with your hand. No hanging means the cauliflower is still fresh. Note that you should not buy flowers with soft stems and wilted leaves!
Step 1: First, you put lentils in a pot and then wash them. Next, you wash and dry the broccoli, just like the lentils and carrots.
For carrots, you need to scrape the length with two fingers. Cut the broccoli into small pieces about a finger!
Finally, you peel, wash and diced the onion.
Step 2: Cook porridge
Put the prepared ingredients in a pan containing 700 ml of filtered water. Next, put the pan on the stove, cook porridge on low heat for 20 minutes and then cover.
Step 3: Puree the porridge
After the porridge is cooked, use the immersion blender to puree the porridge. Then add 2 tablespoons of canola oil and mix well. Finally, you just need to pour the porridge into the bowl, let it cool and then feed it to your baby!
Step 4: Finished product
In just a few steps, you’ll have a delicious lentil porridge with eye-catching colors, delicious flavors and important nutrients for your baby. If you want the porridge to have a richer taste, try using a little more fish sauce!
2.4. Lentil tea
- Ingredients: Red lentils: 50 grams, Tapioca flour : 80 grams, Palm sugar: 120 grams, Filtered water: 200 ml, Bang starch: 10 grams, Tapioca powder: 10 grams, Pandan leaves: 5 branches, Coconut milk 100ml , White sugar 8 grams, Pandan leaves: 2 branches, Tapioca powder: 5 grams, Salt 1 gram, White sesame for decoration
Step 1: Wash and cook lentils
Wash the beans and dry.
Put the red lentils and pandan leaves in the pot and cook for about 30 minutes until the lentils are soft, remove and drain.
Step 2: Puree the lentils and knead the dough
First, puree the red lentils with a blender and a small amount of beans.
Add tapioca flour to the red bean mixture and gently knead it into a soft dough.
Roll the dough into small round bowls that fit your hand, put in the pot and cook until done, take out and drain. (Note to cook with salt)
Step 3. Boil a mixture of water, jaggery and pandan leaves
Bring a mixture of 200 ml of water, 120 g of jaggery and the rest of pandan leaves to a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add the previous bowl of flour to the water mixture above and cook for 7 minutes.
Add tapioca starch and potato starch, cook for 3 more minutes and then turn off the heat.
Step 4. Make Coconut Milk
Put 100 ml of coconut milk, 8g of white sugar, 2 sprigs of pandan leaves, 5g of tapioca flour and 1g of salt in a pan, bring to a boil and then turn off the heat.
Step 5. Finish Red Lentil Soup
Ladle the tea into a bowl, pour coconut milk and sprinkle white sesame on top. Lentil soup cooked with coconut milk is very delicious and nutritious.
3. Buy cheap lentil seeds where prestige and quality?
Lentils in the market are sold with many different prices and quality. However, many places will not give you a guarantee about the origin, safe handling process and hygiene. Therefore, finding a reliable address is important in the process of buying food. Dung Ha Agricultural Products is a place where you can safely trust in the quality of dry food, clean green vegetables and other products,…
You can shop directly at the store via the address below or contact the hotline for the best support.
Hotline: 1900 986865
- Head office address: 11 Kim Dong, Hoang Mai district, City. Hanoi
- CS2: A10, lane 100 Trung Kinh, Yen Hoa ward, Cau Giay, Hanoi
- CS3: No. 02/B Quarter 3, Trung My Tay 13 Street, District 12, Ho Chi Minh City