Dried squid is a popular dish in all regions, and Hanoians are no exception. However, finding the best place to buy the best quality dried squid can be a concern. Currently, there are many poor quality dried ink products on the market, making consumers feel anxious. Today, Tuoi Tre will share with you the uses and ways to preserve dried squid, as well as the most prestigious address to buy dried squid in Hanoi.
1. What is Dried Squid?
Dried squid, also known as dried squid, is a famous dish across all regions of Vietnam. The main ingredient to make this dish is squid. They are processed through the process of drying or drying in the sun. The dryness of the ink depends on the number of exposures, also known as the number of “sunshines”. Dried squid is considered squid that has undergone at least 2 sun exposure.
After being caught, the fresh squid will be cleaned and preliminarily processed before being heat-treated (dried or sun-dried) until it becomes hard and dry. Dried squid can be sold whole or shredded, depending on the user’s preference. Since it has gone through the drying process, the ink can be stored for a long time. In the seas, this dish is a favorite specialty of many people, can be enjoyed with beer or given as a very convenient gift.
2. Price of dried squid in Hanoi
Here is the price list of dried squid in Hanoi you can refer to:
- Type 1: About 7-10 fish/kg, price 1,200,000 VND/kg.
- Type 2: About 12-15 pcs/kg, price 1,150,000 VND/kg.
- Type 3: About 16-20 fish/kg, price 950,000 VND/kg.
- Type 1: About 10-12 fish/kg, price 1,150,000 VND/kg.
- Type 2: About 14-17 fish/kg, price 950,000 VND/kg.
- Type 3: About 20-26 fish/kg, price 700,000 VND/kg.
3. Address to buy dried squid in Hanoi with good price reputation?
Lam Son Food is the most prestigious place to buy dried squid in Hanoi. With a variety of dry inks, high quality and reasonable prices, along with excellent service style. Established in 2017, Lam Son Food has set its sights on enhancing the value of specialty products from across Vietnam, including dried squid. During the past 5 years, the store’s sales team has constantly researched and explored the seas across the country to find the best dried squid and bring it to consumers.
- Address: No. 6, Lo Voi, Dong Xa, Van Don, Quang Ninh
- Branch: 466 Hoang Hoa Tham Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
- Hotline: 0862.23.8383
- Website: https://LamSonFood.com
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/LamSonFoodVN
4. The benefits of eating dried squid
- Selenium: The mineral selenium has antioxidant properties and prevents arthritis by controlling free radicals in the body.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): Vitamin B2 may help relieve migraine symptoms.
- Vitamins B12 and B6: Dried squid provides abundant vitamins B12 and B6. Vitamin B12 is needed for nerve health and blood health, while vitamin B6 has a role in protecting the heart from stroke.
- Phosphorus: Dried squid also contains phosphorus, an important mineral that promotes bone and tooth health.
- Iron and copper: Dried squid helps the body absorb iron and provides a large amount of copper, an important mineral for absorption and metabolism, as well as red blood cell formation.
- Muscle and Nerve Relaxation: Dried squid can have a relaxing effect on muscles and nerves, helping to relieve stress and nervous tension.
5. Is it good to buy dried squid in Hanoi?
Although the price of dried squid from Hanoi is higher than that of dried squid from other seas, many people still believe and love this product. This is because the prestige and quality of Hanoi dried squid has been affirmed for a long time.
6. How many types of dried squid in Hanoi?
- Fishing dried squid: This type of squid is made from live squid fished with a fishing rod. With thick squid body, beautiful skin and no scratches, dried squid retains the sweet and rich taste of fresh squid. This is a famous specialty of Thanh Hoa.
- Dried squid rake: Squid is usually caught by nets and usually lives in concentration. Due to the process of pulling the net and coming into contact with other seafood, the squid has a thinner body and does not keep the sweetness like squid. The body of the ink scratches is imprinted with the mesh screen, which is easy to bend and not beautiful.
- One sunny squid: One sunny squid is cleaned with sea water and then dried in a sunny day on the boat. This type of dried squid retains its sweet and salty flavor more intensely than other types. When grilled, the squid is chewy, crispy on the outside and soft and succulent on the inside.
- Seasoned dried squid: Fresh squid is cut into thin slices, then marinated with spices such as chili, fish sauce and packed. This ink can be used directly without processing, suitable for those who want a quick and convenient dish. Usually used to
7. How to preserve dry ink to ensure quality?
7.1 How to store dried squid when there is no refrigerator
- Place the dried ink in a cool, clean, and moisture-free location. Avoid direct sunlight and keep away from areas where insects often appear.
- Every week, take the dried squid outside to dry in strong sunlight to allow the water in the ink to evaporate and remove potential bacteria and mold. This helps maintain dry ink quality and prevents the growth of bacteria and mold.
7.2 How to store dried squid in the refrigerator?
- Wrap the dry ink bag with several layers of newspaper to ensure sturdiness. This helps keep the ink dry and prevents odors from escaping.
- Wrap an extra bubble bag outside to make sure the smell can’t get out of the bag. Balloon bags are more resistant to odors and enhance odor isolation in the refrigerator.
- Place the dried squid bag in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator. The freezer compartment usually has the lowest temperature in the refrigerator and will help maintain dry ink at a suitable temperature.
However, be aware that dried ink also has a shelf life. The longer food is stored in the refrigerator, the more flavor it loses. Therefore, only dried squid should be stored for a certain period of time, about 4 months. Please refer to how to store food in the refrigerator to ensure the safety and quality of other products in the refrigerator.
8. How to distinguish real and fake dried ink?
8.1 For Real Dried Squid
8.1.1 Attention to packaging:
Observing the dried ink packaging bag is also an important way to judge the quality of the product. When buying dried squid in Nghe An, you should choose dried squid packaging bags with intact packaging, not punctured, torn or deflated. Packaging bags need to be well preserved, do not expose dried ink to air and light.
In addition, pay attention to the information on the expiration date, production date and composition of the dried ink on the packaging. Make sure this information is legible and legible so you can check and track the shelf life of the product. By observing the dried ink packaging bags and choosing intact packages, you can ensure that the dried ink you purchase is quality and reliable.
8.1.2 Taste and toughness
8.1.3 Dried ink shape
- For dried squid, you should choose squid with thin tails and close to the body. This shows that the squid has been properly processed and dried, helping to ensure its freshness and toughness.
- As for dried squid, you should choose those with a spreading tail like a fish’s tail, dark black color and thick tail. These characteristics usually indicate that the ink has been carefully selected and of good quality.
8.2 For Fake Dried Squid
To avoid buying fake dried ink, you need to keep in mind the points you mentioned.
9. How to choose good dried squid
- Chalk layer on ink: Fresh dried squid often has a layer of white chalk evenly covering the whole body of the squid. The thicker the white chalk layer, the fresher the ink. Please pay attention to this feature when choosing to buy dried ink.
- Color: Delicious dried squid usually has a bright color, not too dark like bright red and deep pink. The squid belly is white, the back of the squid is pale pink and has black dots. Avoid buying dried squid with red spots on the body and back, as well as light red spots on the sides of the eyes. This could be poor quality dried ink.
- Feel the thickness of the squid: Choose to buy dried squid of medium size, straight body and thick flesh. Dried squid with thick meat when grilled will expand into cotton fibers, delicious, bold and easy to tear when eating.
- Feel the dryness of the ink: Use your hand to touch the ink body and feel it. If it doesn’t stick to your hands, there’s no moisture and your hands are dry after touching the dried ink, and there’s still a slight scent left on your hands. Then it is delicious dried squid that is naturally dried in the sun.