Fried sweet potato cake is an extremely delicious and quality cake when summer comes. Delicious taste, iridescent yellow color, soft cake core are the factors that fried sweet potato cakes are often made by housewives to entertain their entire family on weekends. So how to make fried sweet potato cakes that are always golden and crispy at home? The following article, thucphamkho.vn will introduce to you in detail 2 ways to make delicious crispy golden sweet potato cakes at home. Let’s start learning together now!
1. About fried sweet potato cake?
Fried sweet potato cake is a popular dish in Vietnamese cuisine. The cake is made from sweet potatoes, eggs, fresh milk and is coated with a layer of flour. Sweet potato cakes are often served with extremely attractive chili sauce.
1.1 Nutritional value in sweet potatoes
- Carbohydrates: Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of Complex Carbohydrates. Contains slow-absorbing sugars, which help maintain long-term energy and are good for heart health
- Fiber: Sweet potatoes provide rich fiber for the body, help the digestive system be healthier, increase metabolism and maintain body weight.
- Vitamin A: Sweet potatoes contain a lot of Vitamin A. Vitamin A in sweet potatoes will help protect the eyes, prevent eye diseases such as eye pain, eye strain, cataracts, …
- Vitamin C: Sweet potatoes also contain a lot of Vitamin C, which helps protect cells from damage and strengthens the body’s immune system. Reduce the risk of disease and disease-causing bacteria attack
- Potassium: Sweet potatoes provide a significant amount of potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure and maintain muscle and nerve activity.
- Antioxidants: Sweet potatoes are also a rich source of antioxidants, which help protect the body from the effects of damaging free radicals.
2. How to make crispy sweet potato cakes at home with flour?
2.1 Preparation ingredients
- 350g sweet potato
- 200g flour
- 70g white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 550ml pure water
- 100g white sesame
- 200ml cooking oil
2.2 Implementation Guide
- Peel sweet potatoes, wash them under clean running water
- Let the sweet potato dry and drain
- Cut the sweet potato into small circles
- Place the pot on the stove with 500ml of clean water. Boil water on high heat
- When the water boils, reduce the heat to low. Pour in chopped sweet potatoes and boil until cooked for 20 minutes
- When sweet potatoes are cooked, take out all the sweet potatoes in a bowl and let them cool
- Use a spatula to beat well, and smooth the sweet potato
- Place 3 egg yolks in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat well until the eggs are dissolved
- Put 200g flour + 70g white sugar in a bowl. Mix well together
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the flour. Mix well together
- Pour the bowl of beaten sweet potatoes into the egg mixture
- Wearing plastic gloves, knead well with your hands to form a smooth, non-sticky potato flour mixture
- Cover with cling film and let the dough rest for about 30 minutes
- Pinch the potato cake dough about 30g
- Put the cake in the palm of your hand, shape the cake
- Dip the cake in a bowl of pure water
- Roll the cake evenly with the prepared white sesame layer
- Put 100ml of oil in the pan. Put the oil pan on the stove and bring the oil to a boil
- When the oil is hot, drop each potato cake ball into the pan and fry until golden brown with cooking oil for 10 minutes
- While frying, stir well so that the cake is cooked evenly and does not burn
- When the cake is golden, take it out, let it cool and enjoy
3. How to make delicious crispy golden sweet potato cakes at home with tapioca?
3.1 Preparation ingredients
- 300g sweet potato
- 200g tapioca flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 100g black sesame
- 80g white diameter
- 550ml pure water
- 200ml cooking oil
3.2 Implementation Guide
- Peel the potato skins. Wash the sweet potatoes under clean running water, let the sweet potatoes dry, drain
- Slice the sweet potato into small circles
- Put 500ml of water in the pot. Put the pot of water on the stove and bring the water to a boil
- Boil water, put sweet potatoes in and boil for 20 minutes
- When sweet potatoes are cooked, take them out, put them in a bowl to drain
- Using a spoon, mash and smooth the sweet potato
- Put the egg yolks in a bowl, beat until the eggs are dissolved
- Add 200g tapioca flour + 80g white sugar and bowl. Mix well together
- Pour into a bowl of mashed sweet potatoes including egg yolk + tapioca mixture
- Wear nylon gloves, knead well with your hands to form a smooth, flexible, non-sticky dough
- Incubate the dough for about 30 minutes for the dough to rise
- Roll the dough into small balls of about 35gr
- Put the cake flour in the palm of your hand, and roll it together
- Dip the cake in a bowl of clean water
- Roll the cake evenly through the prepared layer of black sesame
- Put 200ml of cooking oil in the pan. Put the oil pan on the stove and boil the oil
- When the oil is hot, put the sweet potato cakes in and fry them until golden brown with cooking oil for 10 minutes on medium heat
- While frying the cake, stir it by hand until the cake is cooked evenly, not burnt
- When the cake is cooked, take it out on a plate, drain the oil and enjoy
4. Note when making fried sweet potato cakes at home?
- Choose ripe, pest-free sweet potatoes for the best cake flavor. Buy sweet potatoes at supermarkets, clean agricultural products stores such as: WinMart, GREEN Bach Hoa, Dung Ha Agricultural Products,…
- Wash and peel the sweet potato. Cut the sweet potato about 1cm . thick
- Use flour or tapioca to make the crust delicious
- Fry the cake at a temperature of 170 – 180 degrees Celsius to ensure that the cake is cooked evenly from the inside out
- After frying the cake, put the oil cake on absorbent paper
- Do not eat fried sweet potato cakes too much because they contain a lot of fat and calories
- If you want to preserve the cake, you should keep the cake in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. When using, take out and fry again and enjoy
- Ensure food safety and hygiene by using clean utensils and fryers
5. Calories in sweet potato fries?
- 150 – 200 calories.
Above are 2 ways to make delicious and crispy fried sweet potato cakes at home that Dry Food has shared with housewives. Hopefully, with this home-made fried sweet potato cake, housewives will add a delicious summer food to their baby. Wish you always success!
AUTHOR CORRECTION: WWW.THUCPHAMKHO.VN
Call center to order tea ingredients and culinary powder: 1900 986865.