Picking up perilla is very simple, it only takes about 15 minutes. Can you believe this? Perilla is a kind of herbs, spices used very familiar in Vietnamese cuisine. In addition to being used in cuisine, perilla is also used by many women in beauty recipes. To have for yourself delicious food or the best face masks, you definitely cannot skip the first step of preparing the ingredients. The following article of Dung Ha Dry Agricultural Product will explain in detail how to pick up perilla vegetables simply and quickly, the clumsy girl can do it in a flash.
What is perilla vegetable?
Perilla is a raw vegetable, spices can be eaten raw directly. This vegetable has a characteristic aroma, slightly spicy taste and warmth. Perilla is native to India. In Vietnam, perilla vegetables are grown quite a lot. The most important is still the perilla vegetable with green leaves on the top, purple underneath.
The effect of perilla?
- 7g carbs
- 2.9g protein
- 3.6g fiber
- 0g fat
- 190mg calcium
- 3.2g iron
- 13mg vitamin C
- 5520mcg Beta-carotene
Protect the heart
- Vitamin C in perilla is like an antioxidant. This substance has an important task for the cardiovascular system. Helps the heart maintain a stable beat, preventing cardiovascular complications such as heart attack, stroke, …
- Studies in perilla also show that perilla can help control bad cholesterol levels and at the same time increase good cholesterol levels.
- Vitamin C in perilla is an important antioxidant that helps strengthen the body’s immune system. Protects cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Beta-carotene in perilla has an important role in the development and functioning of immune cells. This substance will protect the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract and digestive system.
Good for the brain
- The beta-carotene in perilla is a powerful antioxidant. This substance helps protect brain cells from free radical damage. Protecting brain cells from oxidative stress can help maintain the health of the brain system.
- Vitamins and minerals in perilla play an important role in maintaining brain function and improving memory.
Relieve stomach discomfort
- Perilla is healthy and soothing. This substance can help soothe an irritated or inflamed stomach lining.
- Perilla has antibacterial properties, which help control the growth of harmful bacteria in the stomach.
- Antioxidants in perilla like Vitamin C or Beta-carotene have the ability to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Protecting cells from oxidative stress will help your body reduce the risk of cancer.
- The fiber in perilla has the ability to reduce inflammation. This is a factor associated with gastrointestinal cancer.
Slow down the aging process
- The powerful antioxidants in perilla will help protect skin cells from damage caused by UV rays and other aging factors.
- Vitamins and minerals in perilla help provide essential nutrients for the repair and maintenance of skin health.
- Perilla has the ability to reduce inflammation. This helps reduce swelling and inflammation on the skin. This is an important factor in maintaining youthful, white skin.
How to pick up perilla vegetables simply and quickly, can the clumsy girl do it?
How to choose quality and fresh perilla vegetables
- Find a place to buy quality perilla vegetables: Perilla vegetables can be found in many places on the market. You can buy perilla vegetables at local markets and supermarkets such as: WinMart, Bach Hoa Xanh, Dung Ha Agricultural Products,… to be sure of the quality of vegetables.
- Check the appearance of vegetables: Quality perilla vegetables must be fresh green vegetables, leaves are not rotten, diseased or bruised. Touching the branch, the branch must be hard, not soft.
- Scent test: Perilla has its own distinctive aroma. Do not buy perilla plants that have a strange smell, difficult to smell.
- Buy perilla in the right season: To get fresh, quality, pest-free perilla,… it’s best to buy them at the right time. Perilla can be grown all year round. But the best quality of vegetables falls in October to March next year.
Materials and tools to prepare to pick up perilla vegetables
- 1 bunch of perilla
- Scissors (knife)
- Vegetable basket
- Grain salt (water to wash excess rice)
- Wash vegetables
Treatment of perilla roots
- If you buy perilla directly at a vegetable garden or a local market. Perilla roots will adhere to a lot of sandy soil. Use a knife (scissors) to cut off all the perilla roots
- If you choose to buy perilla at the supermarket. Vegetables have been cleaned of soil, sealed bags, labeled and stored in the refrigerator. Use scissors (knife) to cut off the roots of jute vegetables
Divide the tops of young perilla
- Using your hands, grasp the young, beautiful perilla leaves to the basket
- Remove all the tops and leaves of perilla with wilted, rotten, pests, … discard
Wash perilla vegetables clean
- Rau tía tô say khi đã cắt bỏ rễ, loại bỏ lá rau hư thối, héo úa, sâu bệnh đi. Việc tiếp theo bạn cần làm đó chính là rửa sạch rau tía tô 2 – 3 lần với nước sạch
- Rau tía tô trong quá trình gieo trồng sẽ không thể tránh khỏi việc phun thuốc trừ sâu. Vậy nên, trước khi đem chế biến thành những món ăn. Bạn cần tiến hành ngâm rau tía tô với nước muối loãng (hoặc nước vo gạo dư thừa) trong 15 phút để loại bỏ bụi bẩn và hóa chất
- Ngâm rau xong, vớt rau lên, rửa lại rau tía tô lần cuối dưới vòi nước sạch
- Vớt rau đay lên, rửa rau dưới vòi nước sạch. Để rau tía tô khô, ráo nước
Note: In the process of washing vegetables, you need to gently drain the water and use your hands to wash the vegetables very gently to avoid crushing the vegetables, losing their taste, and not being aesthetically pleasing.
- A simple way to pick up jute vegetables, even a clumsy girl can do it
- How to pick up the latest wormwood in 2023 very quickly and easily
- The latest way to pick up sweet vegetables, details from A – Z in the latest 2023