Tips or distinguishing poisonous mushrooms and healthy mushrooms?

phan biet nam doc

To distinguish healthy mushrooms and poisonous mushrooms, people have found simple ways to easily identify them. Whether mushrooms are a “delicious” highly processed food or not, here’s all you need to know to avoid unwanted consequences. Please refer to the article below to understand more about mushrooms!

What are poisonous mushrooms?

Poisonous mushrooms are mushrooms that contain natural toxins. Or edible mushrooms that grow in contaminated places (such as contaminated areas, near chemical plants, etc.).
Usually, people with mushroom poisoning are often caused by eating mushrooms that grow naturally (in forests, fields, gardens, barns, etc.). Because cultivated mushrooms rarely cause poisoning.

Distinguish between healthy and poisonous mushrooms

Identify mushrooms by eye

– Poisonous mushrooms are often quite colorful, eye-catching and prominent. Poisonous mushrooms often have prominent black, red, and white spots (mainly in the caps). Mushroom caps with stripes, seeds, scales, mixed colors, grooves, cracks, rings around the body…
– Usually poisonous mushrooms when plucking / picking will have melted plastic.

Distinguish fungi by smell

– Poisonous mushrooms when cut often have a spicy, pungent or bitter taste that rushes to the nose. But it should also be noted that some poisonous mushrooms still have a slight aroma.
– Healthy mushrooms usually have a mild, fragrant or no odor.
phan biet nam doc
Distinguishing poisonous mushrooms

Distinguish by examining color variation

– Distinguish poisonous mushrooms by rubbing the white part of the green onion on the mushroom cap, if the onion body turns green, it is a poisonous mushroom, otherwise it is a healthy mushroom.
– Use a chopstick / spoon or something silver to test the mushroom to see if the test object is discolored, if it is discolored, it is most likely a poisonous mushroom.
– In addition, you can put a little fresh cow’s milk on the mushroom cap, if you see the phenomenon of curdled milk, it is likely that the mushroom has been poisoned.

See more: 3 ways to make crispy fried enoki mushrooms for super delicious snacks

Identify 4 common poisonous mushrooms in Vietnam

Poisonous white mushroom, gray-brown cone mushroom, white cone mushroom, and green-bladed white mushroom are 4 common toxin-containing mushrooms in Vietnam. Memorizing the identification of poisonous mushrooms helps you and your loved ones be alert to avoid choosing the wrong, eating the wrong…

1. Poisonous white mushroom (scientific name – Amanita Verna)

– Common: Grows in clusters or singly on the ground in forests or other places.
– Mushroom cap: White, smooth surface, ovate-shaped head when young, sticking to the mushroom stalk. At maturity, the mushroom cap is flat, about 5 – 10 cm in diameter. As they age, the edge of the hat can sag.
nam doc tan trang
Poisonous white mushroom
– Mushroom plate (underside of mushroom cap): White color.
– Stem: White, with a membrane-shaped ring in the upper part close to the cap, the base of the mushroom body is tuberous, with a calyx-shaped base cover.
– Mushroom meat: Soft, white, light aroma.
Major Toxin: Amanitin (Amatoxin) is very toxic.
The toxin affects the cytoplasm of cells, causing cell destruction. From there, hurt

ng một số cơ quan, tổ chức trong cơ thể. Các triệu chứng nhiễm độc thường xuất hiện muộn, nguy cơ tử vong cao.

2. Poisonous mushroom (Inocybe fastigiata or Inocybe rimosa)

– Common: Grows on the ground in forests, or places with lots of dead leaves and other places.
– Mushroom cap: Conical to bell-shaped, pointed apex, with yellow to brown filaments radiating from the top to the edge of the hat. As it ages, the edge of the mushroom cap separates into separate rays. The diameter of the mushroom cap is from 2 to 8 cm.
– Mushroom blade: When young, slightly white, firmly attached to the stem and gray or brown when old, separate from the stem.
nam doc mu khia nau xam
Identify poisonous mushrooms with gray brown caps
– Mushroom stalk: Color from slightly white to yellow-brown, 3-9cm long, no stalk ring.
– Mushroom meat: White.
Major Toxin: Muscarin.
The poison acts on the nervous system, causing symptoms such as excessive sweating, coma, convulsions, hallucinations, agitation, weakness, paralysis of the colon muscles… Symptoms subside after 2 hours, deaths are rare. Occurs only when the poisoning is too severe, causing confusion, cardiovascular and respiratory damage

3. Poisonous white cone mushroom (scientific name Amanita virosa)

– Common: Grows in clusters or singly on the ground in forests and other places.
Identification: This mushroom looks similar to the white canopy mushroom.
– Mushroom cap: White, smooth surface, ovate-shaped head when young, cupped edge adheres to the body. At maturity, mushroom caps usually have a cone shape with a diameter of 4 – 10 cm.
nam doc trang hinh non
Distinguishing cone white poisonous mushrooms
– Mushroom plate: White color.
– Mushroom peduncle: White, with a membranous ring in the upper part close to the cap, the base of the stem is tuberous, with a calyx-shaped base cover
– Mushroom meat: Soft, unpleasant smell, white.
Main Toxin: Amanitin (amatoxin), highly toxic.

4. Green-bladed poisonous mushroom (Chlorophyllum molybdites)

– Common: Grows in clusters or singly on the edge of cattle barns, lawns, corn fields and some other places.
– Mushroom cap: When young, hemispherical shape is long, light yellow color. There are small light brown or light gray scales. When the mushroom is mature, the cap is white, umbrella-shaped or flat, 5-15 cm in diameter. On the surface of the hat there are thin dirty brown scales that gradually thicken towards the top of the hat.
– Mushroom blade: When young, it is white. When old, it has a light green or grayish green color, the older the mushroom, the clearer the color.
– Stem: White to brown or gray, with a ring on the upper part close to the cap. The base of the mushroom stalk is not bulbous. No root sheath, peduncle about 10 – 30 cm long.
nam doc o tan trang phien xanh
Poisonous mushroom with white canopy and green blade
– Mushroom meat: White.
Main toxins: Belongs to the group of toxins that irritate the gastrointestinal tract – intestines.
The rapidly acting poison causes nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, cramps and diarrhea.
Know and remember the identification characteristics of these poisonous mushrooms to protect the safety of individuals and loved ones around you!

See more: Summary of delicious dishes from brown rice to help lose weight easy to make at home

Signs of mushroom poisoning and first aid methods

Signs you have mushroom poisoning

Mushroom poisoning has early and late manifestations
– The initial manifestations usually appear 30 minutes to 2 hours after eating, possibly up to 6 hours.
– Late manifestations appear after 6-40 hours, an average of 12 hours after eating.
The degree of toxicity depends on the type of mushroom. Signs appear after 20 – 30 minutes such as nausea, discomfort, sometimes severe abdominal pain or vomiting blood, frequent bowel movements, foul-smelling stools, fatigue, chills, etc. sometimes a rash. In severe cases, convulsions and coma may occur.
The slower the symptoms appear, the more severe the poisoning, which can be life-threatening.

First aid in case of poisoning

– Induce vomiting: Within a few hours after eating poisonous mushrooms (preferably within the first 1 hour) if the patient is over 2 years old, awake, not vomiting much. Give the patient water to drink and induce vomiting by mechanical means
– Take activated charcoal: Dose 1 gram/kg body weight.
– For people with mushroom poisoning to drink enough water, it is best to use Oresol.
– Quickly bring the patient to the nearest medical facility.
– If the patient is comatose, convulsing: Put the patient on his side.
so cuu khi an nam doc
When eating poisonous mushrooms, how to handle?
– If the patient is breathing weakly, stop breathing. Give CPR, give first aid, or give CPR using available emergency equipment on site.
– Do not voluntarily go home during the first 1-2 days of hospital stay. Even if the symptoms of poisoning have disappeared.
– If the type of poisoning shows late symptoms, it should be treated at a medical facility with good resuscitation facilities (usually at the provincial level or higher).

Avoid mushroom poisoning

– Do not pick and use naturally grown mushrooms that you are not sure are safe. Eat familiar mushrooms.
Even with picked or purchased mushrooms, it is recommended to blanch in boiling water before processing to reduce and prevent toxicity.
– Do not drink alcohol when eating mushrooms because some wild mushrooms are not toxic but have ingredients that cause chemical reactions with alcohol to create toxicity. Not only that, alcohol also increases toxicity in the case of mushroom poisoning.
– After eating mushrooms, if you feel uncomfortable, you should go to a medical facility as soon as possible. If necessary, use first aid methods to reduce the level of poisoning before taking to the hospital.
Mushrooms are nutritious, delicious and easy to prepare. But not all mushrooms are benign and safe to eat. Need to distinguish poisonous mushrooms, be careful when picking or buying to avoid mushroom poisoning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *