What is taboo about black beans? This is probably a question that many housewives are really interested in recently. Black beans are very popular and flexibly used in Vietnamese cuisine. However, with just a small mistake in processing, you accidentally turn black beans from benign into a life-threatening toxicity. Let’s follow Dung Ha Dried Agricultural Products to find the answer to why black beans are taboo.
What are black beans?
Black beans or black beans are a food belonging to the Bean family and are very popularly grown in Vietnam. Black beans are used flexibly in cuisine and beauty recipes. Black beans carry a lot of beneficial nutrients. The seeds are kidney-shaped, have a shiny black outer shell, and are green inside. Bean size is small, only about 6 – 9mm.
Black bean varieties are commonly grown in the Central Highlands and the South Central Coast region. Black beans take about 80 – 90 days to harvest. Each bean plant produces many pods, each pod contains 7-10 black beans.
Harvested black beans go through a filtering and preliminary processing process to produce the best quality beans. In addition to using beans, many places also produce black bean powder and black bean tea to drink and beautify the skin.
Nutritional value in black beans
In terms of nutrition, black beans are not inferior to their compatriots in the bean family such as red beans, chickpeas, royal beans, green beans, etc. Sometimes, the nutrition in black beans is even better. compared to his brothers in the Dau family.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), 100 grams of black beans provide nutritional value such as:
- 343 calories
- 2.1gr lipids
- 0.5g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 58mg sodium
- 1,375mg potassium
- 60g carbohydrates
- 11 grams of fiber
- 24 grams of protein
- 1.5mg vitamin C
- 10 mg iron
- 0.4mg vitamin B6
- 333mg magnesium
- 85mg calcium
That is all the nutritional value in black beans that researchers have spent a lot of time studying.
Uses of black beans
With the nutritional value of black beans that I just listed above. Adding black beans to your diet will help your body get a lot of nutrients and prevent attacks from disease-causing bacteria. The uses of black beans are very diverse, including:
- Good for the development of the musculoskeletal system, helping bones and joints stay strong and flexible
- Reduce blood pressure naturally
- Managing diabetes
- Protects the heart and prevents dangerous heart diseases
- Prevent the growth of cancer cells, especially colorectal cancer
- Enhance intestinal beneficial bacteria, helping the digestive system stay healthy
- Supports weight loss
- Beautify skin, treat pimples, inflammation, freckles,…
Black beans contain a lot of nutritional value and health benefits. It is understandable that black beans are also very popular in the market and are used a lot in cuisine and skin beautification. So, what is taboo about black beans? This is the most important thing you need to know to avoid bringing disaster to yourself. Sometimes, even a small mistake can endanger your own life and the lives of those around you. Please continue to learn with me.
What is taboo about black beans?
Black beans hate spinach
Spinach (or spinach, spinach, spinach, sticky rice, sticky rice) is the first food that is not good when eaten with black beans. Although spinach and green beans are both very good foods, they both contain a lot of nutritional value that is beneficial for everyone. But the combination of green beans + spinach in the same dish is a no-no. You will encounter some problems such as:
- Reduced Calcium absorption: Spinach and black beans both contain Phytic Acid, an acid that can bind with Calcium in the body to form insoluble compounds. From there, it reduces the absorption of
- Calcium into the body. Lacking Calcium, the skeletal system will no longer be strong and flexible, it will be difficult to move, pain will appear,…
Increased risk of kidney stones: Spinach contains oxylac acid, an acid that can easily combine with calcium to form kidney stones. When combined with black beans, the amount of Oxilac Acid in the body will increase many times, making the risk of kidney stones easier.
- Causes indigestion: Spinach and black beans are both difficult to digest foods. When combining them together, digestive difficulty will increase many times, especially in people with poor digestive systems.
To avoid the above problems, be very careful when preparing green beans with spinach.
What is taboo about black beans? Black beans hate fresh milk
Black beans and fresh milk are both nutritious and healthy foods. However, when these two foods are combined together, they will cause some health problems. Typically as:
- Reduce the ability to absorb Calcium from fresh milk: Black beans contain phytic acid, an acid that can bind with Calcium in the body to form insoluble compounds. From there, it reduces the ability to absorb Calcium from fresh milk into the body. Calcium deficiency, the bone and joint system will suffer from pain, underdevelopment,… and some other bone diseases.
If you want your bones and joints to develop well, you should only choose 1 of 2 products to use. If you want to enjoy both products, you can eat them about 2 – 3 hours apart.
Black beans avoid five ginseng
The next taboo thing about black beans that you definitely cannot ignore is five ginseng. Although five ginseng is a very good functional food for couples, the elderly and children, when combined with black beans it will cause your body to have certain problems. Detail:
- Reduces the ability to absorb nutrients: Black beans contain phytic acid, an acid that can bind with nutrients such as iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, copper,… in the body to form compounds. insoluble substances and they will reduce the ability to absorb these nutrients. Five ginseng also contains a lot of nutrients. Therefore, when combined with black beans, the amount of phytic acid in the body increases suddenly, reducing the ability to absorb nutrients from five ginseng.
To avoid the above problem, you should avoid combining black beans with five ginseng. If you want to use both of these foods, you should use them at least 2 hours apart.
What is taboo about black beans? Black beans are intolerant of castor oil
The final list of taboos for black beans today is castor oil. Castor oil is a vegetable oil obtained by pressing the seeds of the castor plant. Castor oil is still quite new, few people know about it. But this is a food that is flexibly used in cuisine and beauty. But combining castor oil with black beans is not recommended. You will encounter some problems such as:
- Causes irritation to the digestive system: Castor oil can irritate the digestive tract, leading to symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, loose stools, etc. When combined with black beans, it is dangerous. The risk of gastrointestinal irritation will increase.
So, if you don’t want to be friends with the toilet. You should not prepare castor oil with black beans. In addition, loose stools will cause you to lose a lot of water, making your body weak, tired, etc.
What is taboo about black beans? 5 people should not use black beans to avoid “death”?
After learning in detail about the “Incompatible” foods with black beans. You also need to understand the following 5 groups of people who should not use black beans. Below are some specific target groups:
People’s bodies have cold properties
- Black beans are a food with strong cooling properties. If you use black beans a lot, it will cause bloating, indigestion, diarrhea, loose stools, etc. Especially for people whose bodies are cold, get tired easily, have cold feet, and get sick easily. ,… then the disease gets worse day by day.
- Abdominal pain, acute diarrhea, loose stools, etc. for many days will cause the patient to become dehydrated, stagnate gas, cause muscle and joint pain, and weak stomach spleen.
Old people + young children, people with weak bodies
- The amount of protein in black beans is many times higher than chicken. Old people, young children, and weak people have very poor digestive systems. If you use black beans for a long time and in large amounts, the digestive system will have to strain to function, straining to eliminate toxic substances from the body. From there, the digestive system is very vulnerable and a number of digestive diseases will appear commonly.
People with kidney disease
- People with a history of kidney disease are also a group of people who are advised not to use black beans. Black beans provide a lot of water for the body. But if you eat too many black beans, the amount of water your kidneys receive will be too large and will not have time to filter and excrete them into the outside environment. From there, the condition of kidney patients gets worse and worse.
People with gout
- People with gout are recommended not to use black beans. People with gout have very high levels of Uric Acid in their bodies. When eating black beans, the amount of Uric Acid in the patient’s body will suddenly increase and cause Gout to become more and more severe, and severe pain will appear. But the swelling in the joints will make the patient very painful and unable to walk like a normal person.
People who are using blood pressure or diabetes medications
- Black beans contain proteins, photons and heavy metals that can react with drugs to form precipitates. For those who are using blood pressure and diabetes medications, they should limit eating black beans. Black beans will reduce the effectiveness of the medicine, causing the disease to sometimes become more severe.
- The amount of Phytic Acid will hinder the absorption of nutrients from food into the body. Therefore, use black beans 4 hours after eating or taking medicine.
In short, black beans are a healthy food, containing a lot of beneficial nutrients. However, you should be careful not to eat too much and you should avoid eating black beans.
Above is a detailed article answering the question of what is taboo about black beans that Dung Ha Dried Agricultural Products would like to convey to our readers. In particular, this article is a must-read for housewives to combine black beans properly while still retaining the full nutritional value for themselves and those around them. Hopefully, the above useful knowledge will help everyone in processing black beans properly. Wishing you success and many delicious dishes from black beans.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article.
Hello and see you again in the next posts!!!
In addition, you can read more good kitchen tips news that is constantly updated at: https://thucphamkho.vn/tin-tuc-su-kien/