What is colon cancer? What is the cause of colon cancer? What are the specific symptoms of each stage? These are probably the questions that have recently been searched by a lot on the internet. With a very high mortality rate, early recognition of symptoms and treatment is extremely important. Through the article below, Dry Food will help you learn all about colon cancer!
1. What is colon cancer?
Colon cancer originates in the colon (the main part of the large intestine). It is the 4th most deadly cancer in the world. After liver cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer. It is also the third most common cancer in the world in terms of incidence in both men and women. Most colon cancers start from the growth of the lining of the colon called a polyp.
The walls of the colon are made up of many layers. Rectal cancer begins in the innermost layer (mucosa). Can be increased to many other layers. When cancer cells have appeared on the wall of the colon. They can then go deep inside the blood vessels. From there, it can spread to other cells inside the body. Forms cancer cells that invade other cells. If not treated in time, it can lead to death very quickly.
2. Các triệu chứng của từng giai đoạn
2. Symptoms of each stage
2.1 Symptoms of early stage colon cancer
Colon cancer in the early stages usually does not cause any serious symptoms. But if left for a long time, there will be some symptoms below:
- Change in bowel habits such as: Diarrhea, constipation, indigestion. Flat stools that last for several days.
- I feel like I can’t pass stools
- Passing blood in stools
- Many times the stomach cramps in episodes
- Body weakness, dehydration, prolonged fatigue
- Unintentional weight loss
Colon cancer often causes bleeding in the digestive tract. Usually in healthy people, stool color looks very normal. When you have colon cancer, you immediately pass stools with blood. If it is subjective, it will lead to a lot of blood loss and a decrease in the number of red blood cells. Sometimes a sign of colon cancer is a blood test that shows a decreased red blood cell count.
Most of the bloody stools will make many people subjectively think that it is not cancer. May be due to hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome. However, if any patient has any problems, the most important thing is to immediately seek medical attention.
2.2 Symptoms of stage 2 colon cancer
Symptoms of stage 2 cancer are similar to those of the first stage. But the frequency is faster and more obvious. Among them, the most obvious to the naked eye are:
- Change bowel habits, go to the toilet more than once. Abdominal pain after eating, loose stools with blood.
- Stool shape changes.
- Skinny lose weight extremely quickly, do not eat.
Sometimes, touching your belly with your hand will feel a lump of something inside the belly. Cramping pain in waves, then it will go away.
2.3 Symptoms of stage 3 . colon cancer
In stage 3 of this colon cancer , symptoms come on more quickly than in the first 2 stages. Specifically:
- Bleeding while defecating
- Anal pain, uncontrollable anal spasms
- Feeling bloated, pain in the abdomen before or after eating
At this stage , the disease begins to show signs of increasing rapidly. More aggressive treatments are required. The large intestine may be surgically removed. Or use radiation therapy to destroy colon cancer cells in the body.
2.4 Symptoms of late stage colon cancer
Symptoms of late-stage colon cancer are usually the final stages of the cancer. With this stage, the symptoms of the disease become more and more obvious. At this stage 4, the cancer has begun to spread to all parts of the body. Symptoms appear more dense:
- Chest pain, difficulty breathing
- Body aches, body aches
- Headache, convulsion
- Smoldering fever for many days
- Swollen lymph nodes
- If you eat, you will vomit
- Unstable blood pressure
In this final stage, cancer cells begin to spread rapidly, multiplying into very large numbers. They are present in all important cells in the body. Destroy the entire structure. Accordingly, the survival rate of patients at this stage is very low, only 10%. The use of radiotherapy also prolongs the patient’s survival time.
3. Causes of colon cancer
Until now, the era of technology has developed very strongly. But scientists have not been able to find the causes of colon cancer as well as a definitive treatment. However, you can rely on some of the following factors to determine colon cancer:
- Unscientific diet, using many products containing a lot of cooking oil . Fried food, low fiber, vegetables
- Lazy sport. Abuse a lot of stimulants, smoke a lot
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- People living in a family with a member who has had rectal cancer
- People aged 50 years and over
- People who have had inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis. If left untreated, it will cause intestinal infections and lead to cancer
- Women who have had breast cancer, ovarian cysts or cervical fibroids are also susceptible to colon cancer
Tham khảo thêm: Các nguyên nhân ung thư và dấu hiệu nhận biết ung thư – Thực phẩm khô
4. Is colon cancer curable?
Colon cancer is also known as the “silent killer”. The signs of this disease are often very faint and make many people subjective. When the disease progresses to stages 3 and 4, it is really difficult to cure. According to the American Cancer Society. People with colon cancer at stage 1 have a 90% survival rate. In stage 2, the survival rate is 75%. At stage 3 survival rate is 50%. But when it comes to stage 4, the survival rate is only 10%.
Therefore, right now, the smallest things are to change the way of healthy living, stay away from social evils to protect the health of yourself and the community. In addition, regular check-ups every 6 months will make the cancer treatment process easier. In stage 1 and stage 2, the survival rate of patients will be very high. When the signs of the disease become more severe, the treatment also takes time and the patient’s health. The survival rate of patients is also very low.
Tham khảo thêm nhiều tin tức mới nhất tại đây : https://thucphamkho.vn/tin-tuc-su-kien/
Hotline: 1900 986865 (Support 24/24h)
- Branch 1: No. 11 Kim Dong – Giap Bat Street – Hoang Mai District – Hanoi
- Branch 2: A11 – Alley 100 – Trung Kinh Street – Yen Hoa Ward – Cau Giay District – Hanoi
- Branch 3: No. 02/B Quarter 3 – Trung My Tay Street 13 – District 12 – Ho Chi Minh City