How to make Hai Phong lamppost pate at home will help you always feel secure because the pate quality is always clean, ensuring food hygiene and safety. In particular, making Hai Phong pate at home also helps you preserve it for a very long time, and still eat deliciously without fear of spoilage. If you are interested in Hai Phong pate but don’t know how to make it like this, please take a little time to follow dried agricultural products into the kitchen to find a way to make Hai Phong lamppost pate that is sure to be “mouth-watering delicious”.
What is lamppost pate?
Lamppost pate is a famous specialty dish of Hoa Phuong Do city. Pate in general is a French specialty dish. This dish was introduced to Vietnam a long time ago and many people love it. Each place will have different ways of making Pate. But Hai Phong lamppost pate still has something very unique and unique in accordance with the playful style of the people here.
The main ingredients to make pate still include: pork liver, pork, pork fat and some other accompanying ingredients. But with some unique secrets, Hai Phong pate still creates a unique feature for itself that everyone wants to enjoy once in their life.
In Hanoi, finding a store selling genuine Hai Phong lamppost pate is truly a luxury and very difficult. Making pate is very easy, so many people often do it according to their own preferences. Pate is often used in sticky rice dishes, bread or even rice.
However, if you love Hai Phong lamp post pate but don’t have the opportunity to come here to enjoy it. Don’t worry too much. I will introduce to you the recipe for making Hai Phong lamppost pate right at home.
How to make “delicious” Hai Phong lamppost pate at home?
- 500gr lean pork shoulder
- 1 set of pork liver
- 300g portion of fat
- 250gr pork rinds
- 250ml unsweetened fresh milk
- 1 spoon of white wine
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 5 – 7 purple onions, minced
- 2 garlic bulbs, minced
- 2 pieces of laughing cow cheese
- 2 loaves of thick bread (only the bread)
- Spices: seasoning powder, MSG, white pepper powder, cooking oil,…
Step 1: Prepare pork liver
- When you buy pork liver, wash them with clean water
- Pick up the liver and let it drain
- Slice the pork liver into small enough pieces to eat
- Put the liver in a bowl with 150ml of unsweetened fresh milk
- Soak the liver in fresh milk for 15 minutes to remove the fishy smell and toxins
- After soaking, pick up the liver, rinse the liver with clean water, and drain
Step 2: Prepare other ingredients
- Cut the lean pork shoulder into thin slices and put them in a bowl
- 50g of fat, cut them into dices
- 200gr of remaining fat, cut into long thin slices
- Put the pot on the stove, add 200ml of clean water + 1 teaspoon of fine salt
- Stir well until the salt dissolves with the water
- Put the pork skin in and boil for 15 minutes
- Take the pork skin out and soak it in a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes
- Pick it up and let it drain
- Slice the pork skin into thin slices
- Put the entire bread crumbs in a bowl with 100ml of unsweetened fresh milk
- Soak the bread for about 5 minutes until soft
- Pick it up and drain the milk
Step 3: Blend the pate mixture for the first time
- Put the pork rinds in a blender
- Puree the pork skin for 5 minutes
- Add liver + bread intestines + diced onion + cheese
- Blend all ingredients together for 5 minutes
- Finally, add the lean pork shoulder meat and blend with all the ingredients together until smooth for 5 minutes
Step 4: Stir-fry pate mixture
- Put the pan on the stove, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and heat the oil
- When the oil is hot, add shallots + minced garlic and fry until golden brown, fragrant
- Pour all the pureed ingredients above into the pan and stir-fry evenly for 15 minutes
- When the stir-fried mixture is cooked, turn off the stove and pour into a bowl to cool
- Add white pepper powder + 1 spoon of white wine to the stir-fried pate mixture, mix well together
- Season the pate to taste
Step 5: Blend the pate mixture a second time
- You pour in the stir-fried pate mixture above
- Press the button, grind and smooth the pate a second time for 10 minutes
- Puree and smooth pate, pour into a bowl, add 50g of diced fat, mix well
Step 6: Steam the pate
- Place 200g of thinly sliced fat in the bottom of the mold
- Pour the freshly ground pate mixture into the mold
- Use plastic wrap to cover the mold to avoid water from steaming into the pate
- Pour water into the steamer and place the completed pate mold into the pot
- Steam the pate for 6 – 8 hours until the pate is cooked
- Steam the pate for enough time and it will be cooked. Take it out of the pot, let the pate cool and then use
What should you keep in mind when making Hai Phong lamppost pate at home?
Hai Phong lamppost pate is a famous specialty dish of Hoa Phuong Do city. This Pate dish has a delicious, greasy, rich flavor, very suitable to eat with sticky rice, hot rice or bread.
Making lamppost pate at home is very simple. But to be successful and delicious according to Hai Phong standards, you need to note a few things:
- Choose fresh ingredients: Pork liver + pork are extremely important main ingredients in pate. You need to choose liver + pork that is bright red, not slimy and does not have a fishy smell. You should buy at reputable pig trading establishments in the area.
- Puree liver and pork: Liver + pork need to be pureed to make the pate smooth. Grind the liver separately and the pork separately. Then, mix them together and puree until smooth.
- Seasoning: Seasoning is an important factor that determines the deliciousness of lamppost pate. Use spices to make lamppost pate such as: fish sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, seasoning powder, MSG. While cooking, add seasoning to taste.
- Steaming: Pate needs to be steamed for about 3 – 5 hours over low heat to cook and have a smooth consistency.
Some other questions related to how to make Pate lampposts in Hai Phong?
How to preserve Hai Phong lamppost pate after making it so it can last for a long time?
There are many ways to preserve Hai Phong lamppost pate at home after making it so it can last for a long time without worrying about damage. Here are some ways you can refer to:
Store Hai Phong lamppost pate in the refrigerator
- Pate the lamp post after making it, let it cool and then store it in the refrigerator. Pate stored in the refrigerator can be kept for 3 – 5 days. Store pate in the refrigerator. You should put the pate in a glass or plastic box with a tight lid to prevent the pate from drying out and bacteria from entering.
Store Hai Phong lamppost pate in the freezer
- If you want to preserve the lamppost pate for a longer term, the best way is to put the pate in the freezer. Stored in the freezer, the pate will be usable within 30 – 40 days.
- To store pate in the freezer, you should cut pate into small pieces, so that it is ready to use when used.
How many calories are in Hai Phong lamp post pate?
If your body is overweight or obese or you are building a healthy diet to lose weight, you are certainly very interested in the answer to the question “How many calories are there in Hai Phong lamppost pate?”. Knowing how many calories are in lamppost pate will help you calculate specifically the amount of calories your body will consume. From there, you can eat them without fear of gaining weight or obesity.
According to the National Nutrition Research Institute:
- In 100 grams of Hai Phong lamp post pate, it provides 319 calories for the body.
Ingredients for making Hai Phong lamppost pate are very diverse. Hai Phong lamppost pate is a rich source of vitamins, especially Vitamin A and Vitamin B groups. Besides, there are also a variety of minerals such as: Sodium, Iron, Selenium, Copper, Zinc, Potassium, Magnesium, and Calcium.
However, wanting to know exactly how many calories are in Hai Phong lamppost pate depends on the ingredients and processing method in each place.
Will eating a lot of Hai Phong lamppost pate cause weight gain?
With such a high calorie content, many people when eating lamppost pate ask the question “will eating a lot of lamppost pate cause weight gain?”. The answer is “Yes. Eating a lot of lamppost pate will make you gain weight”. The reason is:
- An adult will need to intake at least 2000 calories per day into the body to maintain all living activities. Calculated, each meal will consume about 667 calories. Meanwhile, it is very difficult for you to eat pate directly. Instead, you will combine pate into many forms and the calories will not stop at 319 calories.
- Besides, the ingredients for making lamppost pate contain a lot of bad fat. This amount of fat, once it enters the body, takes a lot of time to get out. Bad fat accumulated in the body for a long time will cause you to gain weight quickly.
==> Conclusion: Eating a lot of lamppost pate completely makes you gain weight and become obese out of control.
People who are obese or are on a weight loss diet should not eat too much lamppost pate. However, you can still comfortably enjoy lamppost pate without fear of gaining weight, please enjoy them in the following way:
- Eat pate in a small enough amount. You should eat about 30 – 40gr/pate at a time.
- Only eat pate 1-2 times/week.
- Serve pate with fruits and vegetables to supplement fiber and vitamins.
- Make your own pate at home.
Above is a detailed article answering questions about how to make Hai Phong lamppost pate at home that Dried Agricultural Products has sent to readers. It can be seen that making Hai Phong pate at home is super simple, not too difficult or requires experience. However, the time to prepare the ingredients and steps will be a bit messy and take a long time. But in return, you always have quality, delicious pate, ensuring food hygiene and safety.
Hopefully, with the useful information shared above, you will have a super delicious pate to treat all members of your family.
Wishing you success always!!!
Bye bye and see you again in the next posts!!!
In addition, you can read many other good kitchen tips here: https://thucphamkho.vn/tin-tuc-su-kien/