Soybean is a very popular nutritious bean and sells very well in the Vietnamese market. Soybeans are very good for human health that anyone can use. Although it is a healthy nutritious bean, many women are worried about how many calories are in soybeans, whether the use of soy will cause obesity or not? To know if using soybeans causes weight gain or not, you need to understand the calories in soy. In the following article, Dung Ha Dry Agricultural Products will reveal the truth about how many calories in soybeans, how to eat soybeans to not cause weight gain.
1. What is soybean?
Soybean (also known as soybean, soybean) is a plant of the legume family, a climbing plant, which is grown popularly all over the world. In Vietnam, soybeans are grown a lot in the Mekong Delta (An Giang, Dong Thap). In the North, soybeans are grown in the provinces of Ha Bac, Cao Bang, Lang Son, etc. Soybeans have just been grown to make food for people and livestock.
2. Soybean uses?
2.1 Nutritional value in soybeans
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), a study on the nutritional value of 100 grams of soybeans said:
|Omega – 3||0.6gr|
|Omega – 6||4.47gr|
2.2 Good for cardiovascular
- Soybeans are a rich source of fiber. Includes both soluble and insoluble fiber. The fiber in soybeans is responsible for reducing bad cholesterol (LDL) and increasing good cholesterol (HDL) in the blood. Thereby, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, atherosclerosis, heart attack, …
2.3 Lose weight and obesity
- The fiber in soybeans will help the body maintain a feeling of fullness and better control weight.
- Soy protein helps promote satiety for longer and maintain muscle. Consuming soy protein will help increase the body’s energy consumption and burn calories more efficiently.
- Soybeans provide many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These substances will increase resistance, reduce the risk of diseases related to obesity.
2.4 Reduce the risk of diabetes
- Soybeans are a valuable source of vegetable protein. Replacing foods high in fat and starch with soy may help control type 2 diabetes risk
- The rich amount of fiber in soybeans has the ability to reduce blood sugar absorption and control diabetes.
2.5 Prevent cancer
- Antioxidants in soy like Vitamins A, E and Flavonoids are responsible for protecting cells from damage caused by free radicals. At the same time, it reduces the risk of dangerous cancers.
- Isoflavones in soy are similar to the female hormone estrogen and have the ability to inhibit the growth of cancer cells such as breast cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer, etc.
2.6 Supports strong bones and joints
- Soybeans are a rich source of protein, vitamins, minerals (calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, ..). These ingredients play an extremely important role in maintaining bone health.
- Calcium is an important ingredient in building and maintaining bone health.
- The special isoflavonoids in soybeans, Genistein and daidzein, have the ability to reduce inflammation, reduce the risk of osteoporosis, and protect bones from mineral loss.
2.7 Beauty skin and hair
- The antioxidants, Vitamin E, omega-3 and omega-6 in soybeans are essential for maintaining healthy skin and shiny hair.
- Soy protein helps to strengthen the hair structure and keep it healthy. Vitamin E and Unsaturated Fatty Acids can also provide nourishment to the hair. Makes hair soft, shiny, not tangled, not broken
- Powerful antioxidants can help reduce wrinkles, increase elasticity, and keep skin plump and radiant.
3. How many calories in soybeans? Does eating soy make you fat?
3.1 How many calories in 100g of soybeans?
Soybean is a nutritious grain that is extremely beneficial to health and is very popular in many countries around the world. Soybeans can be processed into many delicious dishes, each dish from soybeans, they provide the human body with very specific calorie content. Specifically:
|Weight of soybeans||Corresponding Calories|
|100g pure soybeans||provides about 416 calories|
|100g roasted soybeans||provides about 400 calories|
|100g soybean sprouts||contains about 446 calories|
|Soybean sprout powder||contains about 545 calories|
|Fresh soybean sprouts||contains about 400 calories|
|100g boiled soybeans||provides 121.7 calories|
In addition, an extremely delicious, popular and convenient soy drink that is loved by many people is soy milk. There are many different types of soy milk, and each type of milk provides a very different calorie content. That is:
|Product’s name||Corresponding Calories|
|100ml regular soy milk||provides 127 calories|
|100ml unsweetened soy milk||provides 80 calories|
|100ml pure soy milk||provides 110 calories|
|100ml vanilla soy milk||provides 100 calories|
|100ml organic vanilla soy milk||provides 90 calories|
|100ml Fami . soy milk||provides 54.6 calories|
With detailed calorie counts like this, many people are asking the question “does using soy definitely cause weight gain?”. So, is this question true or false? I will answer you right away.
3.2 Does eating soy cause weight gain?
Looking at the number of 416 calories in 100g of whole soybeans, many of you think this is a food that silently causes obesity. However, this is a completely wrong thinking. Soybeans are rich in fiber and protein. Fiber and protein will make you feel full for longer, limiting hunger and cravings. Relatively low in sugar and fat. Therefore, this is really an effective weight loss, obesity prevention and fat loss product that you should add to your diet.
3.3 How eating soy does not cause weight gain
- Soybean meal: You can cook soybeans and use it as a main source of meals. Soybeans contain a lot of fiber and protein, they will keep you fuller for longer, supporting effective weight loss
- Replace unhealthy foods with soy: Instead of eating foods high in fat and unhealthy carbs. You can replace them with soy. For example, replace meat with soybeans in stews, stir-fries, etc.
- Eat Soybeans as a Source of Protein: Soybeans are a good source of plant-based protein. You can replace high fat and high cholesterol foods like red meat with soy to reduce calories and fat
- Make your own tofu: You can make your own tofu with soy as a substitute for foods high in calories and fat like cheese or bacon. Tofu is a good source of plant-based protein and can be used in many dishes
- Use soy products: Besides whole soybeans, you can also use other soy products such as soy milk, fresh soybeans, dry roasted soybeans to change your weight loss menu further. more diverse.