Tofu skin, also known as tofu ky, is a favorite vegetarian dish in Vietnamese cuisine. Tofu skin is made from soybeans, which is considered a product containing many nutritional values, useful for all ages and very safe for health. Bean paste can be processed into popular savory and vegetarian dishes. If you are building a weight loss diet, you must be very interested in the question of how many calories in tofu skin? Do you get fat if you eat a lot of tofu skin? In the following article, Dung Ha Dry Agricultural Products will answer in detail how many calories are in 100g of tofu skin and interesting questions around this product.
1. What is tofu skin?
Tofu skin is also known by other names such as tofu ky, bamboo. Soybean paste is made from soybeans. During the boiling process of soybeans, a thin film will emerge on the surface of the soybeans. The cook will skillfully remove this thin piece and leave it to dry. The drying process will help this film to dry and form dried bean scum.
2. Nutritional value in dried tofu skin?
- Energy: 500Kcal
- Fat: 180Kcal
- Protein: 200Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 52Kcal
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- The protein
- Other Essential Minerals
2.1 Dried bean paste helps replenish energy
- The amount of carbohydrates in dried tofu skin is very large. This is an important substance to help replenish, regenerate, and recharge lost energy in the body. Help the body become healthy, not tired or sluggish
2.2 Dried bean paste beautifies the skin
- Bean paste is rich in fiber. Fiber enhances digestion and eliminates toxins in the body. This can help improve skin condition, because when the body has eliminated toxins, the skin will become brighter, rosy, smoother.
- Protein in tofu skin is very rich. This is an important part of skin tissue regeneration. Protein helps build and maintain elasticity, fade freckles, enhance skin firmness
- Soybean has the ability to soothe and fade dark spots, melasma and freckles on the skin
2.3 Dried tofu skin is good for the heart
- Bean sprouts are a rich source of soluble fiber. Fiber has the ability to lower blood sugar levels and bad LDL cholesterol in the blood. Reducing bad LDL cholesterol will help reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure
- Protein and minerals (potassium, magnesium, calcium) play an important role in cardiovascular function. Protein is essential for the building and maintenance of heart muscle and tissues. Minerals play a role in regulating a steady heart rhythm
2.4 Dried tofu skin helps reduce the risk of diabetes
- The soluble fiber in dried tofu skin has the ability to help control blood sugar and insulin. Helps maintain stable blood sugar. It can help you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes
- Dried bean paste has a low Glycemic Index (GI). This substance will not cause a sudden spike in blood sugar after being consumed. This helps maintain stable blood sugar levels, reducing the risk of diabetes
- Antioxidants like Vitamin E and Flavonoids help protect cells and blood vessels from damage caused by free radicals. Reducing damage to cells and blood vessels may help reduce the risk of developing diabetes
2.5 Dried bean paste is good for menopausal women
- Tofu contains soluble fiber, which helps maintain the balance of the female hormone estrogen. During menopause, a woman’s body produces less estrogen. The addition of tofu skin can help balance hormones, reduce symptoms related to low estrogen
- During menopause, women are at a higher risk of cardiovascular disease. Soluble fiber and antioxidants will help lower bad LDL cholesterol levels to protect blood vessels. This helps reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and hypertension.
3. How many calories in tofu skin?
If you are a person who is doing a weight loss diet, then surely you are very eager to know how many calories are in the tofu skin? This is such a great question that nutritionists don’t want to ignore such a good question.
According to research from nutritionists they say:
|Number of grams of dried tofu skin||Corresponding Calorie Composition|
|50g dried tofu skin||provide 116.5 calories for the body|
|100g dried tofu skin||provide 233 calories for the body|
|150g dried tofu skin||provide 349.5 calories for the body|
|1 bowl noodles tofu skin (100g)||provide 243 calories for the body|
This is the total number of calories in dried tofu skin. With calories like this, will “eating dried tofu skin is fat?”.
4. Eating a lot of tofu skin makes you fat?
- The calories in tofu skin are relatively high. But in contrast, the cholesterol content in tofu skin is absent. Therefore, when eating tofu skin, you will not have any effect on your body weight. At this point, you can completely rest assured when using dried tofu skin in all dishes without worrying about them affecting your weight.
- Add to that the amount of good fats found in a lot of dried tofu skin. Eating dried tofu skin with a reasonable dose not only does not make you gain weight, but they also support you to lose weight in the most effective and fastest way.
Another note for you to feel more secure when using dried tofu skin is: “The maximum amount of calories that an adult needs to consume will be 2,000 calories. This calorie will be divided equally into 3 meals as breakfast. , lunch and dinner. On average, each meal you will consume a maximum of 667 calories. Meanwhile, the calories in the dried tofu skin I have just learned above are still lacking a lot. If you consume enough calories, you will use dried tofu skin with many other dishes to balance the standard calories.”
5. Weight loss diet from dried tofu skin?
Immediately refer to some weight loss diets from dried tofu skin so that you can diversify your eating menu more!
5.1 Stir-fried dried bean paste
- 150g fresh bean paste
- 75g shiitake mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 1 kohlrabi
- Finely chopped coriander
- Seasoning: seasoning, monosodium glutamate, cooking oil, ground pepper
- Soak tofu skin with warm water for 5 minutes to soften
- Rinse the peas under running water, drain. Cut tofu skin into pieces just enough to eat
- Shiitake mushrooms soaked in warm water. Cut off the mushroom legs. Wash the mushrooms under clean running water. Use your hands to gently squeeze the mushrooms out of water, chop them into small pieces
- Carrots + kohlrabi peeled clean, washed under running water. Dry. Chop kohlrabi + carrots into small, thin slices
- Put the oil in the pan and heat the oil. Hot oil, add carrots + kohlrabi and sauté for 10 minutes
- Add spices + seasoning seeds + monosodium glutamate, stir well to let the vegetables absorb the spices and cook until cooked
- Drop the shiitake mushrooms in and stir well with the vegetables for 10 minutes
- Finally, add the tofu skin to the island and mix all the ingredients. Season with a little pepper + finely chopped coriander, stir well for 5 minutes
- Season food to taste
- The dish is delicious, a little on a plate, enjoy with hot rice
5.2 Sweet and sour mix tofu skin
- 200g bean paste
- 1 carrot
- 10ml sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 10ml soy sauce
- 2g salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 10ml rice vinegar
- Soak the tofu skin with warm water for 10 minutes to soften the tofu skin
- Pick up the bean scum, wash the bean scum, let the pea scum dry. Chop the tofu skin into small pieces, just enough to eat
- Celery, washed, cut into pieces about 3cm long
- Peeled carrots, washed, thinly grated
- Put 500ml of water in a pot, bring to a boil
- Boiling water, put carrots + celery + tofu skin in boiling water for 7 minutes until cooked. Remove ingredients, drain. Take out the bowl
- Make a sweet and sour mix including: 10ml sesame oil + 2 tablespoons sugar + 10 rice vinegar + 10ml soy sauce + minced garlic in a bowl. Mix well together
- Season with sweet and sour sauce to taste
- Pour the sauce over the tofu skin. Mix all ingredients together. Marinate for about 7 minutes to infuse
- Put the finished product on a plate and enjoy immediately