Mango rice paper is a famous specialty cake of Nha Trang. Any tourist who comes here to visit or travel wants to enjoy mango rice paper once in their life. With the aroma of mango, sour and chewy taste, it will definitely attract many tourists. No need to go far, you can sit at home and still enjoy the full flavor of mango rice paper. And below is the article introducing the recipe of how to make delicious Nha Trang mango rice paper at home that Dry Food will share with you. Let’s go to the kitchen together.
What is mango rice paper?
Mango rice paper is also known as sticky mango cake. This is a famous snack of Nha Trang – Khanh Hoa. The cake is made from ripe ingredients such as ripe mango and white sugar. Then it is ground, thinly coated and grilled or dried in the sun. Most of the time, mango rice paper is made 100% entirely by hand.
Mango rice paper has a golden color, a sour, sweet taste, is flexible, easy to tear and does not stick to the hands. Cakes can be used as afternoon gifts or convenient snacks. Besides Nha Trang, mango rice paper is also sold in many other provinces and cities across the country. The price of cakes is quite cheap, ranging from 50,000 VND – 130,000 VND/kg depending on the type of cake.
And certainly, we don’t have to wait long, let’s go to the kitchen with Dried Agricultural Products to find a way to make Nha Trang mango rice paper to snack on right at home.
How to make Nha Trang mango rice paper at home “so delicious”
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
- When buying mangoes, wash each mango under clean water
- Peel off all the mango skin
- Cut the mango flesh into small pieces and remove the mango seeds
Step 2: Puree the mango
- Put all the chopped mango flesh in a blender along with 20ml of lemon juice
- Press the button and proceed to puree and smooth the mango
- Filter the mango through a sieve to remove pulp
Step 3: Mango slug
- Pour the filtered mango mixture into the pan with 150gr of white sugar
- Place the mango pan on the stove and simmer the mango over medium heat for 30 minutes
- Stir the mangoes while stirring so the mixture doesn’t burn
- The mango mixture forms a smooth, sticky mass and thickens to the desired consistency
- Turn off the stove and let the mango mixture cool
Step 4: Bake mango rice paper
- Line a baking tray with foil
- Slowly pour the mango mixture onto the foil layer
- Spread the mango mixture thinly across the surface of the foil
- Spread white sesame evenly around the cake surface
- Put the mango rice paper in the oven
- Bake the mango rice paper at a temperature of 160 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes until the cake is soft and dry.
- Cook evenly until all the ingredients are gone, then stop
Note: You should divide the mango mixture into several baking times.
Step 5: Complete the mango rice paper
- Mango rice paper is dry and sticky. Take it out of the oven
- Cut mango rice paper into bite-sized pieces or roll it up and enjoy
How to preserve mango rice paper after making it so it won’t spoil for a long time?
To preserve mango rice paper after making it so it won’t spoil for a long time, you can follow these steps:
- Pack discreetly: After making the cake, you should pack the mango rice paper in a ziplock bag for preservation. Be sure to completely remove the air from the bag to avoid mold.
- Store cakes in a dry, cool place: To use mango rice paper longer, keep them in a dry, cool place, avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
- Store in the refrigerator: To be able to use mango rice paper for a long time, store it in the refrigerator. Put the cake in a ziplock bag, then put the mango rice paper in the refrigerator and you’re done.
- Avoid contact with odors: Mango rice paper easily absorbs food odors around it. Avoid placing the cake with strong-smelling foods such as garlic, chili vinegar, purple onions,…
- Check the mango rice paper periodically: To make sure the mango rice paper is still good, check it periodically after peeling it. After peeling mango rice paper, it is best to use it within 5 days.
How many calories in mango rice paper?
Details on how to make sour, chewy mango rice paper have been shared above by Dried Agricultural Products. But if you are a person who is building a healthy diet to lose weight, you are definitely very interested in the answer to the question “How many calories are there in mango rice paper?”. Knowing how many calories are in mango rice paper will help you balance the amount of calories you will take into your body to avoid negative effects on your weight.
This is a very good question that nutrition researchers do not want to ignore such a good question. According to national nutrition experts:
- 100gr of mango rice paper provides about 160 – 200 calories for the body.
This is the answer about the number of calories in mango rice paper. Looking at this amount of calories, you can balance how many calories your body will consume in a day.
Does eating mango rice paper make you gain weight?
The calorie content of mango rice paper has been explained in detail above. With such calorie content, many people are asking the question “will eating mango rice paper make you gain weight?”. To explain this, let’s take a look at some reasons:
- Firstly, the cause of weight gain or weight loss completely depends on each person’s diet and lifestyle. If you regularly eat greasy foods, fast food, are lazy about exercise, etc., you will gain weight completely out of control.
- Second, the amount of calories an adult consumes is about 2,000 calories. Calculated, each meal will consume about 667 calories. If you consume more than 667 calories, the excess calories will accumulate as bad fat and they will cause you to gain weight quickly.
- Third, 100 grams of mango rice paper provides 200 calories for the body. To fill your stomach, you will have to consume about 350 grams of mango rice paper. That means you will take in about 680 calories. With this amount of calories, you don’t have to worry too much about it affecting your weight.
- Fourth, mango rice paper is made completely using a natural process, without using any oil. Therefore, they will not affect your weight.
==> Conclusion: Eating mango rice paper will not cause you to gain weight. You can eat them as a comfortable snack anytime.
Above is the entire detailed article explaining how to make Nha Trang mango rice paper at home that I have shared with our readers. It can be seen that mango rice paper is very simple to make and does not require too much skill. However, the process and time to prepare ingredients will be a bit complicated and time-consuming. But when making mango rice paper at home, you will always feel secure because the product quality and ingredients for making mango rice paper always have clear origins, ensuring food hygiene and safety. In addition, if you have the opportunity to travel to Nha Trang, try to enjoy the original mango rice paper to clearly feel whether they are more delicious than your skills.
Wishing you success always!!! See you again in the next posts!!