Beef jerky is a famous specialty dish in Da Nang. Nowadays, beef patties have become popular in all provinces and cities in Vietnam. In the northern rice tray, beef rolls are also popular dishes. Coming to Da Nang, you not only enjoy the fresh and cool sea air, but the food and drinks here will make you feel more in love with Da Nang. Not only is it a simple dish, beef patty is also an offering to the Ancestors on the full moon days, the 1st of every month and the New Year holidays of the year. So, do you know how to make Da Nang specialty beef rolls? Let’s find out the recipe with Dried Agricultural Products.
1. What is beef jerky?
Beef jerky is a famous dish in Vietnamese cuisine in general and Central people in particular. Beef jerky is the name of the Central people. But to the Northern people, they call beef spring rolls. Regardless of the name, this is still a delicious dish, rich in nutritional value.
2. How to make Da Nang specialty beef rolls and eat them all the time without getting bored at home?
2.1 Preparation ingredients
- 500g fresh beef
- 100g pork fat
- 2 teaspoons seasoning
- 1 tablespoon MSG
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 spoon of tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons delicious fish sauce
- 500ml pure water
- 2 – 3 fresh banana leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
2.2 Preliminary processing of beef and pork fat
- Buy beef, completely remove the white veins and discard. Rinse beef under clean running water
- Using a clean towel, pat the beef dry. Put the beef in a bowl and keep it in the freezer for about 2 hours
- Weigh enough 50g of pork fat. Thinly slice pork fat. Put pork fat in a bowl and keep it in the freezer for 2 hours
- Put 150ml of purified water in a pot and bring to a boil. Boil water, put 50g of pork fat in a pot to boil
- Put 1 teaspoon of sugar in the pot of lard. Gently stir until the sugar dissolves and boil for about 5 minutes until the pork fat is cooked
- Remove pork fat, let cool and drain. Finely mince pork fat
- The beef is frozen, take out the beef and finely chop the beef
2.3 Puree beef
- Cut the beef into small pieces and put in the blender. Proceed to puree the beef for 5 minutes. Put ground beef in a bowl
- Take the pork fat out of the freezer and put it in the blender. Proceed to puree pork fat for 3 minutes
- Pour the ground beef just above into the pork fat grinder. Proceed to puree the beef and pork fat together for 5 minutes
- Add 30ml fish sauce + 1 teaspoon sugar + 1 teaspoon MSG + 1 teaspoon ground pepper + 1 seasoning + minced garlic
- Blend the seasoning with beef and pork fat together
- Put about 50ml of purified water into the blender. Continue to blend with beef and pork fat for about 2 minutes
- Open the lid of the blender, use chopsticks to gently stir the meat. Close the lid and continue grinding. Grind about 3 times to make the meat smooth and soft
- Finally, put in the blender 2 tablespoons of cornstarch + 1 teaspoon of tapioca starch. Continue to blend together
2.4 Beef patties
- Pour the pureed pork fat mixture into a clean bowl
- Add the dried minced pork fat mixture above. Wear plastic gloves, mix all ingredients together
- Fresh banana leaves cut into small chunks, washed under running water. Rinse fresh banana leaves through boiling water to ripen the leaves and prevent the package from tearing
- Stack 2 layers of sliced banana leaves on top of each other
- Lightly brush a layer of cooking oil on the surface of the banana leaf. Ladle the beef mixture into the middle and wrap it tightly with your hands to avoid exposing the core
- Use twine to tie the beef patties tightly into 3 equal parts
2.5 Steamed beef patties
- Put 500ml of purified water in a steamer and bring to a boil
- Boiling water, open the pulse and neatly place each beef ball in the basket
- Cover the pot and proceed to steam beef patties for 7 minutes on high heat
- The beef rolls are tight, lower the heat and continue to steam on medium heat for about 20 minutes
- Open the lid, flip the other side of the beef patty. Continue steaming for 15 minutes
- Steamed beef rolls enough time will be cooked. Turn off the stove, incubate beef patties for about 10 minutes
- Finally, take the beef patty out, let it cool in front of the fan to let it cool
- Chilled beef rolls, cut beef patties into bite-sized pieces and enjoy
- Beef jerky can be eaten hot or cold, both are great
3. How many calories in beef jerky? Are you afraid of gaining weight if you eat a lot?
- In 100g beef rolls provide 246.9 calories for the body.
4. What should be noted when making delicious beef patties?
- Ingredients: Choose fresh and good quality beef. Make sure the beef doesn’t have a bad smell, flow, etc. In addition, you can use the meat with a little fat to increase the tenderness and flavor of the patty.
- Hygiene: before proceeding to make beef patties, please clean cooking utensils, bowls, chopsticks, pre-processing tables, … All ensure food hygiene and safety.
- Grind the meat: Use a meat grinder to puree the beef. Make sure the blender and related parts are clean
- Spice mix: Add seasonings to ground beef to add flavor. You can use garlic, onions, spices, cumin, peppers, onions,…
- Cooking temperature: Beef patties are usually steamed to 100 degrees Celsius. Make sure the steaming temperature is always boiling and the steaming time is good.
- Storage: Beef jerky should be stored in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days after making. If you want to keep it longer, you can freeze the beef patties in the freezer