What are the uses of cocoa powder? This is probably a question a lot of people care about but don’t have an exact answer. For a long time, cocoa powder has become an indispensable ingredient in Vietnamese drinks. In addition to being used as a drink, cocoa powder also has many miraculous health benefits. So do you know what is the use of cocoa powder ? If not, follow Dung Ha Dry Food to find out the uses of pure cocoa powder !
1. Uses of cocoa powder
Pure cocoa powder is a famous product of Dak Lak. With the main ingredient is 100% pure cocoa without harmful preservatives. The process of making cocoa powder requires ingenuity, perseverance and meticulousness. After harvesting, fresh cocoa beans will be fermented for 2-9 days and then dried. To increase the aroma, cocoa will be roasted. The cocoa beans will be ground to a fine powder. Cocoa powder has a dark brown color, aroma and bitter taste.
In Modern and Ancient Traditional Medicine. Pure cocoa powder is used to treat problems related to the digestive system, infectious diseases. Here are some benefits from cocoa powder:
1.1 Support the intestinal digestive system
- Bloating, heartburn, constipation, indigestion, … these are signs that your digestive system is having problems. Cocoa contains a lot of fiber. This fiber when entering the body will soften the food. Thereby, making it easier for you to digest. At the same time, it also enhances the beneficial bacteria in the gut to protect the intestines from harmful agents. Some studies have shown that people who regularly use cocoa powder have a healthier digestive system than those who use cocoa powder less often.
1.2 Replenish blood throughout the body
- Iron is very important for the body. The lack of iron will make our body fall into a state of fatigue and boredom. Cocoa contains a lot of iron. Iron when entering the body will help the blood circulation system work better. Supplement blood for the body, prevent ischemia. The lack of blood, or poor blood circulation will make the brain system greatly affected
1.3 Improve the nervous system
- Magnesium is extremely important for the human nervous system. Magnesium is the key to keeping the nervous system healthy. At the same time, it also ensures the stability of the neurotransmitter system, calming the nerves. If magnesium deficiency is severe, it will cause the body to fall into a state of excitability, nervous tension, convulsions, vasodilation, etc.
1.4 Preventing cancer
- Cocoa contains a lot of powerful antioxidants. This substance when entering can have the task of finding and destroying cancer cell radicals that are harmful to the body. In addition, strong antioxidants also help protect cardiovascular cells from harmful agents. From there, it helps the body to prevent a number of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack, atherosclerosis, stroke, etc.
1.5 Support weight loss
- The main ingredient found in cocoa is Theobromine . This is a substance that will help you feel full. Seeing food but not wanting to eat. At the same time, losing interest in eating will be extremely good for those who are intending to lose weight and keep fit. Theobromine will burn excess fat accumulated under the skin for a long time, supporting the weight loss process.
1.6 Treatment of type 2 diabetes
- Flavonoids in cocoa powder will slow down the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates in the intestines. Improve insulin secretion, reduce inflammation, stimulate the absorption of sugar from the blood to the muscles in the body. According to some modern medical research shows that. Flavonoids found in cocoa reduce insulin sensitivity, improving blood sugar control. Supporting the treatment of people with type 2 diabetes
1.7 Support for asthma treatment
- Asthma is a chronic disease that causes airway obstruction and can be life-threatening. Cocoa contains anti-asthmatic substances such as Theobromine and Theophylline. These two compounds will completely treat persistent cough, long-term cough that does not go away. The cocoa extract will reduce the constriction of the airways. Helps you to have a steady breathing rate, without being out of breath.
1.8 Improve the skin
- Polyphenols found in cocoa have anti-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory effects. Improves swelling caused by pimples. Helps increase skin moisture. Keeps the skin tight and full of energy. At the same time, this substance also protects your skin against harmful agents from the sun, dust, and air pollution.
2. Note, be careful when using
Besides the benefits of cocoa powder good for user health. There are still certain limitations, if we use too much, it will cause unwanted side effects.
- Cocoa contains a lot of caffeine, if you consume too much caffeine in a day, it will lead to insomnia, frequent urination at night, stress.
- In cocoa contains magnesium content. Adding too much magnesium to the body will cause side effects such as diarrhea, loose stools.
- Drinking cocoa in the evening will lead to insomnia, irritability, and poor sleep
Besides, some objects should not use cocoa powder:
- Pregnant and lactating women
- People with high, unstable blood pressure
- People with diabetes
- People with heart problems
See more: Cool smoothies for hot summer
3. When should you drink cocoa?
Let cocoa powder promote its full use. You need to build a habit of eating that is really reasonable. Specifically:
- It is recommended to use cocoa after dinner to help keep your body warm and stable
- A cup of cocoa in the early morning about 1 hour will help your skin healthy, smooth, full of energy
- You should only drink about 2 cups of cocoa powder/day
- Do not add too much sugar to drink with cocoa. It will gradually lead to excess sugar, causing obesity
- Choose cocoa products with full origin to protect your health
In short, you should drink cocoa after breakfast to help your body load more energy. At the same time, it helps you to have more energy, help your mind to be more refreshed, and to be highly focused at work. And should limit use in the evening when it is too late. It will make you lose sleep, stay up all night and the next morning will have no energy to go to work somewhere.
Above are all the uses of cocoa powder. In addition, we also provide you with some other information about harm and who should not use cocoa powder. However, this powder is benign and good for health. But if we use too much, it will lead to unwanted side effects. Hopefully, with the information that Dung Ha Dry Food shared above, it will help your health life as well as those around you.
In addition, you can refer to our other health news articles by following the link below: https://thucphamkho.vn/tin-tuc-su-kien/
Hotline: 1900 986865.
- Address 1: No. 11 Kim Dong – Giap Bat Street – Hoang Mai District – Hanoi
- Address 2: A11 – Lane 100 – Trung Kinh Street – Yen Hoa Ward – Cau Giay District – Hanoi
- Address 3: No. 02/B Quarter 3 – Trung My Tay 13 Street – District 12 – Ho Chi Minh City