Walnuts are an extremely nutritious and healthy nut that anyone can use. Eating walnuts will help improve cardiovascular problems, good for children’s development, help strengthen bones and teeth, regulate sleep, stabilize blood sugar,… So the question is to eat walnuts. does it make you fat? How many calories in 100g of walnuts? How to eat walnuts without causing weight gain? To be able to answer these questions, please read along and take a few minutes to follow Dung Ha Dry Food to learn in detail how many calories are in walnuts.
1. What are walnuts?
2. What are the benefits of walnuts?
2.1 Nutritional value in walnuts
- 4g Water
- 15.2g Protein
- 13.7g Carbs
- 2.6g Sugar
- 2.9g Iron
- 346mg Phosphorus
- 2mg Salt
- 1.3mg Vitamin C
- 1.12mg Vitamin B3
- 6g Vitamin A
- 0.0027mg Vitamin K
- Energy: 654Kcal
- 65.2g Lipid
- 6.7g Fiber
- 98mg Calcium
- 158mg Magnesium
- 441mg Potassium
- 3mg Iron
- 0.34mg Vitamin B1
- 0.098mg Vitamin B9
- 0.7mg Vitamin E
2.2 Good for the cardiovascular system
- Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and antioxidants found in walnuts are good for the heart. They have the ability to improve inflammation, improve the quality of blood vessels, reduce bad cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack, stroke.
2.3 Good for bones and teeth
- Walnuts are very good for bone health and teeth thanks to the nutritional and mineral components contained in it.
- Walnuts are rich in calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. These minerals are important for building and maintaining strong bones and teeth
- In addition, antioxidants, such as Vitamin E and Selenium, can help protect bone and tissue cells from oxidative stress damage.
2.4 Good for child development
- Healthy Fats: Walnuts contain monounsaturated fats and Omega-3 and Omega-6 fats. These fats provide energy and support the development of the baby’s brain, nervous system and eyes
- Fiber: Walnuts provide natural fiber. This fiber helps to strengthen the digestive function in the child’s body. Fiber also helps regulate blood sugar and maintain a healthy weight
- Minerals: Walnuts contain many minerals such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus. These minerals are necessary for the development and growth of bones, teeth, and the nervous system of young children.
2.5 Good, stable sleep air conditioner
- Triptophan is an amino acid that produces Serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter in the body that plays an important role in regulating sleep and mood.
- Magnesium is an essential mineral involved in the process of muscle relaxation, reducing mental stress
- Vitamin B6 plays a role in converting Triptophan to Serotonin
2.6 Cancer prevention
- Walnuts contain antioxidants like Vitamin E and Selenium. These substances may help protect cells from damage caused by cancer cells.
2.7 Improve brain function
- Fats and Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Linoleic and linolenic acids have a protective effect on brain cell membranes. Helps enhance brain function, improve memory and thinking
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E as an antioxidant is important for the protection of brain cells from damage caused by oxidative stress and the aging process.
- Choline: Choline in walnuts is an important substance for brain development and function. Choline is involved in the creation of neurotransmitter compounds and can improve memory.
2.8 Good for gut health
- Improve bowel function: Fiber has the ability to help strengthen bowel function. Including promoting digestion, creating soft stools, easy to digest
- Increases beneficial bacteria in the gut: Soluble and insoluble fiber help the body provide nutrients for beneficial bacteria in the gut.
2.9 Support weight loss
- Fiber: High in fiber, fiber will help you feel fuller for longer, helping to control cravings
- Good fats: Omega-3 fatty acids have the potential to help reduce inflammation and boost fat burning. This will help you lose weight quickly, safely, maintain a stable weight
- Nutritional supplements: Protein, vitamins and minerals will help your body maintain health and nutrition
3. How many calories in walnuts? Does eating walnuts cause obesity?
3.1 How many calories in 100g of walnuts?
- If the body takes in too many calories (energy), it will lead to excess energy, fat accumulation and obesity.
- On the contrary, if you do not have enough energy, the body will be exhausted, tired, lack of vitality, sick, thin, lose weight, …
Therefore, adding walnuts to the diet is extremely important. According to information from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) said:
|Weight of walnuts||Number of walnuts||Corresponding Calories|
1 cup walnut milk (185ml)
3.2 Does eating walnuts cause obesity?
- With a content of 654Kcal in 100g of walnuts. Eating walnuts regularly will make your body overweight and obese.
However, walnuts are also a very good weight loss food that many women believe in. The use of walnuts to cause weight gain only happens in case you consume too many of these nuts in a day. If you use walnuts in the recommended amount or have a specific diet, walnuts are an extremely effective weight loss food.
3.3 How to eat walnuts without causing weight gain?
- Eat in moderation: Walnuts contain a lot of fat and high in calories. So make sure to eat a small amount of walnuts, not too much
- Use fresh walnuts: Unprocessed fresh walnuts are always better than processed ones
- Combine with other diet: To reduce the number of calories you consume, use walnuts as a balanced diet. Combine with green vegetables, fresh fruits and other protein sources
- Adjust the amount of walnuts according to your body’s needs: Everyone has different calorie needs. Therefore, it is important to use the right amount of walnuts in your diet. If you want to lose weight, you may want to consider reducing the amount of walnuts you use.