What is taboo with red lentils? This is a very good health-related question that many people have been interested in recently. Red lentils are a product of the legume family, but they have slightly more nutritional value than their other cousins. Red lentils are also used flexibly in cuisine. However, with just a little carelessness in the processing stage, you accidentally turn red lentils from benign into a life-threatening toxicity. The article shared below by Dung Ha Dry Food will answer in detail for you the question of what red lentils are taboo with.
What are red lentils?
Red lentils are lentils that are yellow-orange to red in color. When cooked, red lentils are usually light red in color. Red lentils are the seeds obtained from the lentil plant. There are many types of lentils, the name of each type of lentil is based entirely on its color. In addition to red lentils, we also have green lentils, brown lentils, brown lentils, Puy lentils, Beluga lentils.
Red lentils have a sweet and delicious taste, so they are commonly used in Middle Eastern and Indian cuisine. Here, lentils are often used in soups. Currently, red lentils also appear popularly in Vietnamese cuisine. They become important ingredients in dishes for the elderly and children. Normally, this type of bean is often used to cook porridge or soup. In addition, they can also replace green beans to cook sticky rice or sweet soup.
Red lentils and green lentils are being sold a lot in the Vietnamese market. You can absolutely find and buy them anywhere. However, not everyone knows where to buy quality, cheap red lentils. A place that has been selling reputable, cheap red lentils in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City for a long time is Dung Ha Agricultural Products. The price of Dung Ha lentils ranges from 35,000 VND – 45,000 VND/500gr.
See more details at: What are lentils? Nutritional information, effects and preparation methods
Nutritional value in red lentils
In terms of nutritional value, red lentils are not inferior to other members of the bean family such as red beans, white beans, black beans, green beans, dried peas, etc. Some nutritional indicators in red lentils are much better. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), 100 grams of red lentils provide essential nutrients such as:
- 116 calories
- 0.4gr lipids
- 0.1g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 2mg sodium
- 369mg potassium
- 20g carbohydrates
- 8 grams of fiber
- 1.8 grams of sugar
- 9 grams of protein
- 1.5mg vitamin C
- 3.3mg iron
- 0.2mg vitamin B6
- 36mg magnesium
- 19mg calcium
This is the entire nutritional index found in red lentils. With this series of nutritional ingredients, red lentils are a very good product for vegetarians, weight loss diets,…
Uses of red lentils
With a series of nutritional indicators found in red lentils just listed above. Adding red lentils to your family’s daily diet is essential. Adding red lentils to your diet will bring health benefits such as:
- Reduce bad cholesterol, reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as stroke and coronary artery disease
- Prevent birth defects in the fetus such as Down syndrome, Edward syndrome, cleft lip, clubbed limbs, heart failure,…
- Preventing gestational diabetes in pregnant women
- Good for the intestinal digestive system, preventing constipation, digestive disorders,…
- Prevent the formation and development of cancer cells (especially colorectal cancer)
- Good for people with type 2 diabetes
- Good for the nervous system, enhancing memory and brain development of children
- Helps control weight better
- Supplement blood for the body (especially pregnant mothers)
- Provides abundant energy for the body (good for vegetarians)
- Prevent atherosclerosis and cell damage
Red lentils contain a lot of beneficial nutritional values. It is understandable that red lentils are very popular on the market today. So, what is taboo with red lentils? This is the important question you need to know. Know how to prevent unexpected disasters from befalling yourself and those around you. Please follow me to find out.
What is taboo with red lentils? Be careful when using it to avoid being “deadly”?
Red lentils avoid wine
The first list of taboo red lentils that you cannot ignore is wine. Wine is a very familiar drink of Vietnamese people. There are many different types of wine, some are very cheap, but there are also extremely expensive wines.
Wine is commonly used in cuisine, especially when eating grilled beef and drinking wine. But not many people combine red lentils with wine. Why is that? The reason is because:
- Wine contains tannin, which when combined with red lentils will reduce the body’s absorption of iron.
- Iron is an extremely important mineral, necessary for the human body. Meanwhile, red lentils are a rich source of iron, but if you eat red lentils with wine, the body will not be able to absorb the iron. This will cause the body to become anemic, fall into a state of fatigue, physical weakness,…
Therefore, in order for your body to absorb iron from lentils, you should not use red lentils with wine.
What is taboo with red lentils? Red lentils are taboo for people with poor digestive systems
For people with poor digestive systems, it is best not to use too much red lentils. The reason is because:
- The fiber index in lentils is very high. Fiber is an extremely important substance for the human digestive system. However, for people with poor digestive systems, high amounts of fiber will cause the intestines to stretch and work, making them vulnerable to damage.
- Besides, high fiber cannot be fully digested, it will accumulate in the digestive tract, causing flatulence, indigestion, bloating,…
People with poor digestive systems, especially the elderly and young children, should limit eating red lentils if they do not want to experience digestive problems. Each time you eat, you should only eat about 25 – 35 grams of red lentils.
Red lentils are taboo for people allergic to beans
Some people who are allergic to red beans, white beans, green beans, mung beans, royal beans, etc. are also at risk of being allergic to red lentils. Common symptoms of allergy to red lentils can include: itching, hives, rash, itchy rash, etc. If your body shows these symptoms after eating red lentils, look for Immediately go to the nearest medical facility for examination.
If you want to know if you are allergic to red lentils or not. Please use them in small amounts to check your health status.
What is taboo with red lentils? Red lentils are taboo for people with kidney disease
The last list of red lentils that you should not ignore is for people with kidney disease. The reason is because:
- Red lentils are very high in purines. This substance can increase uric acid levels in people with kidney disease.
- Uric acid is a substance produced when the body breaks down purines. When Uric Acid levels in the blood increase, it can deposit in joints and other tissues, causing diseases such as arthritis, gout, kidney stones,…
Red lentils are a food rich in Protein and protein also contains purines. Therefore, people with kidney disease should limit eating red lentils.
In short, red lentils are a common type of bean, containing a lot of beneficial nutritional values. However, it should be noted that red lentils should not be used haphazardly as it will affect your health.
Above is a detailed article answering the question of what is taboo with red lentils, which I would like to convey to our readers. Especially for housewives who have the habit of using red lentils in cuisine, they need to clearly understand this. If you avoid these things, you can still create countless delicious dishes from red lentils while still retaining their nutritional value. Hopefully, the useful information shared above will help everyone in preparing red lentils properly, avoiding dangerous health risks. Wishing you success and many delicious dishes from red lentils.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article.
Hello and see you again in the next posts!!!
In addition, you can refer to countless other good kitchen tips news here: https://thucphamkho.vn/tin-tuc-su-kien/