Green beans are a type of bean that contains many beneficial nutritional values and can be processed into many delicious, nutritious dishes. Although it is a nutritious grain, it carries many beneficial nutrients. But not all housewives know that green beans are taboo. Knowing which foods are not good when combined with green beans will help you avoid endangering your life and that of all family members. The article shared below by Dried Agricultural Products will answer in detail to you the question of what green beans are taboo and 4 foods that endanger “life” when eaten with green beans. Let’s find out together.
What are green beans?
Green beans are a type of bean with small seeds, about 2 – 2.5mm in diameter. Green beans are often used flexibly in culinary dishes such as: green bean sweet soup, Mid-Autumn cake filled with green beans, Hai Duong green bean cake, or sprouted to make food (bean sprouts). .
The green bean plant is a herbaceous plant that grows upright, about 50cm tall. The fruit is oblong with 2 closed pieces and small in size. Inside contains a lot of green beans. In Vietnam, green beans are very popular in the North Central, Southeast, Central Highlands, and Mekong Delta provinces. Here, green beans have become an important crop for people in the Summer-Autumn crop.
Green beans are grown in 3 main crops a year. That is the Spring crop, sown in March. Summer crop, sown in late May, early June. Fall-Winter crop, sown in August. It takes about 60 – 70 days for people to harvest green beans. Quick harvest time, resistant to pests and diseases, and requires little care. This is also a crop variety that brings a huge source of economic income to people.
Nutritional value in green beans?
In terms of nutritional value, green beans are not inferior to red beans, black beans, soybeans, etc. Sometimes, the nutrition in green beans is even better than other beans of the same family. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), 100 grams of green beans provide the following nutrients:
- 347 calories
- 1.2gr lipids
- 0.3g saturated fat
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 15mg Sodium
- 1,246mg Potassium
- 63 grams of carbohydrates
- 16 grams of fiber
- 7g sugar
- 24 grams of protein
- 4.8mg Vitamin C
- 6.7mg Iron
- 0.4mg Vitamin B6
- 189mg Magnesium
- 132mg Calcium
That is the entire nutritional value found in green beans. These substances are all very important and necessary for human health. Therefore, adding green beans to your family’s diet is a good thing to do.
Uses of green beans?
With a nutritional value just listed above. Adding green beans to your diet will help your body get a lot of nutrients and prevent the attack of disease-causing bacteria. The uses of green beans are very diverse, including:
- Limit dangerous gastrointestinal conditions
- Helps clear heat, detoxify the body, and treat pimples
- Enhance the healthy functioning of the immune system
- Enhance cardiovascular health
- Helps maintain stable blood pressure
- Prevention of colon cancer and intestinal cancer
- Improves intestinal function, prevents macular degeneration and cataracts
- Helps bones and joints stay strong and flexible, prevents pain, osteoporosis,…
- Helps maintain a stable weight
- Good for pregnant women, prevents neural tube defects
- Beautify skin
- Treatment of depression
Green beans contain a lot of nutritional value and health benefits. It is easy to understand that green beans are very popular in the market and have very flexible applications in cuisine. So, what is taboo about green beans? This is the important thing you need to know to avoid bringing disaster to yourself. Sometimes even a small accident can endanger your life and that of those around you. Let’s continue to learn together.
What are green beans taboo? 4 bad foods that are “life-threatening” when eaten with green beans?
Green beans hate tomatoes
Tomatoes are the first product that is not good when eaten with green beans. Tomatoes have a sour taste, cool properties, contain lots of Vitamin C, potassium, Lycopene,… Green beans have cool properties, contain a lot of Protein, fiber, Vitamins and minerals. When combining green beans with tomatoes, you will experience some phenomena such as:
- The nutrients in tomatoes and green beans will neutralize each other, eliminating each other’s effects.
- Eating green beans with tomatoes can cause some dangerous health problems such as: diarrhea, increased risk of cancer.
So, if you don’t want to have these problems, immediately give up eating green beans and tomatoes.
What are green beans taboo? Green Beans hate fresh seafood
Green beans and fresh seafood are both very popular products, very good, delicious and contain a lot of nutritional value. However, according to researchers, green beans and fresh seafood are incompatible and they are not good when combined. Especially shrimp, shrimp and green beans are not compatible. The reason is because:
- Green beans have cool properties. Meanwhile, seafood also has mild cooling properties. When two cold dishes are combined together, your stomach will experience some symptoms such as: diarrhea, stomach pain, vomiting, loose stools,…
To avoid having to make friends with the toilet, absolutely do not cook shrimp with green beans.
Green beans hate carp
The next green bean taboo that you cannot ignore on this list is carp. Carp is a freshwater fish with lots of meat and few bones, containing a lot of beneficial nutritional ingredients. In particular, carp is very good for pregnant mothers, helping pregnant mothers dissolve their pregnancies very well. But one thing that researchers have announced is that carp is not good when combined with green beans. If eaten together, it can cause some negative health effects such as:
- Acute diarrhea: Green beans and carp are both cold foods. When eaten together, they can cause acute diarrhea. Especially in people with poor and sensitive digestive systems.
- Difficult to digest: Green beans and carp contain a large amount of protein. Large amounts of protein will cause bloating and difficulty digesting food. If your spleen and stomach are weak, you will develop gastrointestinal symptoms. If you use green beans with carp for a long time, it is very easy to get stomach cancer, intestinal cancer, and activate cancer cells in the body.
What are green beans taboo? Green beans are drug resistant
The final list of taboos for green beans that you cannot ignore are medicines. If you are sick and are being treated according to the Oriental medicine prescription below, one thing is for sure: you should not eat green beans and take Oriental medicine at the same time. Specifically:
- Oriental medicine: Green beans have cooling properties, which can reduce the effects of some Oriental medicine. Therefore, if you are taking Oriental medicine, you should avoid eating green beans.
- Quinolone antibiotics: Green beans may reduce the absorption of quinolone antibiotics. Therefore, if you are using antibiotics of this group, you should not eat green beans.
- Anticoagulants: Green beans can increase the side effects of anticoagulants, leading to the risk of uncontrolled bleeding. Therefore, if you are using this medicine, you should not eat green beans.
To ensure the best results, it is best to consult your doctor before eating green beans while using the measures mentioned above.
What are green beans taboo? 6 people should not eat green beans because their “life” is in danger?
After learning in detail about the dishes that “conflict” with green beans. You also need to know the following 6 groups of people who should not use green beans. Below are some of those objects:
People with poor digestive system
- The harmful effects of green beans are extremely dangerous to the human digestive system if used in large quantities. Therefore, people with poor digestive systems or stomach pain, diarrhea, indigestion, etc. should eat less green beans.
People undergoing Oriental medicine treatment
- One of the harmful effects of green beans that many people do not know is that green beans are compatible with Oriental medicine. If you are taking diabetes medication or blood thinners, stay away from green beans. Green beans will counteract the effects of the medicine. Sometimes it will cause unwanted side effects.
People with a history of allergies
- Some people who are allergic to peanuts and soybeans may also be cross-allergic to green beans. Common symptoms of bean allergy include: itching, swelling, rash, difficulty breathing,…
The elderly and children
- The elderly and children have digestive systems that are not yet fully developed or are in a period of weakness. Meanwhile, green beans are a food that contains more nutrients than chicken. If you eat green beans for a long time and in large amounts, the digestive system will have to work hard to eliminate toxic substances from the body. From then on, gastrointestinal diseases will become more and more common.
People lacking Calcium
- Phytate from green beans will hinder the absorption of Calcium into the body. Health experts recommend that people lacking calcium should not regularly use green beans.
People with cold constitution
Green beans are a food with strong cooling properties. If you use green beans a lot, it will cause bloating, indigestion, diarrhea, loose stools, etc. Especially for people whose bodies are cold, easily tired, susceptible to colds, and easily sick. , after getting caught in the rain… the illness got worse day by day.
Abdominal pain, acute diarrhea, and frequent loose stools will cause the patient to become dehydrated and stagnant, causing muscle and joint pain, weak stomach spleen, and cold, leading to gastrointestinal diseases.
In short, green beans are a very nutritious, nutritious food with an affordable price. However, it should be noted that you should not eat too much green beans and who should avoid eating green beans.
Above is a detailed article answering the question of what is taboo about green beans that Dried Agricultural Products would like to convey to our readers. In particular, this article housewives need to read to combine green beans properly while still retaining the full nutritional value for themselves and those around them. Hopefully, the above useful sharing will help everyone in processing green beans properly and safely. Wishing you success and many delicious dishes from green beans!
Thank you for taking the time to follow and read this article.
Hello and see you again in the next posts!!!
In addition, you can also refer to more good news that is continuously updated at: https://thucphamkho.vn/tin-tuc-su-kien/