If anyone has ever set foot in Lao Cai for tourism or business, they must have heard of the famous Northwest dishes and spices. However, there is another sauce you should definitely enjoy, which is Muong Khuong chili sauce. This type of chili sauce has a characteristic pungent taste, beautiful color, and is one of the specialties of Lao Cai that must be bought as a gift. In big cities, Muong Khuong chili sauce is very popular and is served with pho and vermicelli very well. So, how to make Muong Khuong chili sauce in the right Northwest taste? Let’s find out the details of how to make Muong Khuong chili sauce at home with dry agricultural products, whatever is delicious.
1. Origin of Muong Khuong Chili Sauce?
Muong Khuong chili sauce is a famous specialty of the Northwest highland people. Muong Khuong chili sauce originates from Muong Khuong district – Lao Cai province. Initially, the recipe for making Muong Khuong chili sauce was only small in a few households in the area for eating purposes. Until later, when Lao Cai tourism developed strongly, Muong Khuong chili sauce has become a specialty that many tourists from all over the world know with its very own spicy taste, eating once is making people remember the taste forever.
2. How to make Lao Cai standard Muong Khuong chili sauce, whatever is delicious at home?
2.1 Preparation ingredients
- 250g fresh paprika (wild chilli)
- 100g dill seeds
- 100g coriander seeds
- 50g doi seeds
- 2kg of dried garlic
- 50g cinnamon stick
- 500ml corn wine
- 2kg of fine salt
- 50g cardamom
- 5 liters of purified water
2.2 Process materials
- When you buy wild Siamese peppers, you wash them under clean running water
- Cut off the stalks and let the peppers dry and drain
- Peel garlic, cut off the black head, wash the garlic, let the garlic dry
- Fennel seeds + coriander seeds + doi seeds + cinnamon sticks + cardamom, you wash these seeds
- Put the pan on the stove and heat it up
- You put each type of seed that has just been washed into the pan and roasted until golden brown
2.3 Puree each ingredient
- Put coriander seeds + cumin seeds + doi seeds + cardamom + cinnamon sticks in a blender and puree
- Place each type of pureed seeds in a separate bowl
2.4 Make Muong Khuong chili sauce
- Put the fresh chili in the blender and proceed to puree the chili for 2 minutes
- Next, add the garlic and grind it with the chili finely for 3 minutes
- For: coriander seeds + cumin seeds + doi seeds + cardamom + cinnamon stick and grind together with garlic and chili for 3 minutes
- All ingredients have been pureed, you pour them into a bowl
- Pour the whole pureed mixture into oak barrels for storage
- Put fine salt + purified water + corn wine into oak barrels
- Stir all ingredients together for 15 minutes
- Use a thin layer of cloth on the top of the barrel to prevent the sauce from fermenting
- Cover the jar with a loose lid to keep the chili sauce airy
- Incubate chili sauce in a cool, dry place for at least 60 days to reach maturity and delicious taste
Note: During the incubation process of Muong Khuong chili sauce, you must not cover the mouth of the jar to prevent the chili sauce from fermenting. Please keep the chili sauce container in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight. Every day, open the lid of the jar and stir it twice a day to prevent the chili sauce from fermenting and spoiling the finished product.
3. How to make Muong Khuong chili sauce at home with the right taste of Lao Cai, what should be noted?
- Ingredients Required: Make sure you have all the key ingredients you need to make the chutney. Includes: garlic, chili, cardamom, doi nut, fennel seed, corn wine, salt, oak barrel
- Choice of chili: To make Muong Khuong chili sauce match, smooth, and have a nice color, you should use uniformly ripe and red Siamese chili peppers. You can buy them at stores, markets or supermarkets
- Thorough preparation before processing: All 100% of the ingredients you use are washed and drained before processing.
- Brewing process: In order for the chili sauces to taste like the Muong Khuong people, you need to brew them for at least 30 days
- Storage: After the chili sauce is done, you can pour them into each plastic jar, glass bottle with a tight lid and store. Can be stored in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
4. Where to buy good quality Muong Khuong chili sauce in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City?
On the market today, there are many types of Muong Khuong chili sauce of unknown origin that are massively landing in our country. If you cannot make your own Muong Khuong chili sauce at home, you should go to a reputable address to buy quality Muong Khuong chili sauce at a good price.
Currently, Dung Ha Dry Agricultural Products is selling Muong Khuong chili sauce in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. This is the leading brand specializing in providing regional and Northwest specialties.
Is a reputable establishment in the field of dry agricultural products trading in Hanoi in particular and the country in general. Dung Ha dried agricultural products are committed to selling with the right quality and listed prices. Dung Ha dried agricultural products would like to say no to fake goods, imitation goods, poor quality goods.
- Currently, Muong Khuong chili sauce is available at the store in extremely large quantities. The price of Muong Khuong Dung Ha chili sauce is 40,000 VND / 250ml bottle.
- Hotline: 1900 986865.
- 11 Kim Dong – Giap Bat Street – Hoang Mai – Hanoi
- A10 – Lane 100 – Trung Kinh Street – Cau Giay – Hanoi
- No. 02/B Quarter 3 – Trung My Tay Street 13 – District 12 – HCMC