How to make salted roasted chestnuts is super simple at home but still delicious no less than when bought at the store. Can you believe this? Salt-roasted chestnuts when eaten have a characteristic salty taste from the salt, combined with that is the delicious, fatty flavor of the chestnuts. This is a favorite snack of many people. Roasted salted chestnuts can be easily found anywhere in the market. However, many women are afraid of poor quality chestnuts. So today, ladies, please take a few minutes to follow Dried Agricultural Products Dung Ha into the kitchen to find a way to make salted roasted chestnuts to snack on at home. Please.
What are salted roasted chestnuts?
Salted roasted chestnuts are a favorite snack of many people. This snack is simply made from chestnuts and salt. It is this monotonous combination that creates a unique and delicious dish that makes many people passionate.
Although made from simple ingredients, the quality of the dish remains unchanged. Salted roasted chestnuts can be easily found and purchased, easy to use, and very cheap. This type of nut is often used as a snack during holidays, or given as a very formal and polite gift. Eating chestnuts is not only delicious, the nutritional value and uses this type of nut brings are also great.
What are the effects of roasted chestnuts with salt?
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the nutritional value in 100 grams of chestnuts includes:
- Energy: 97 calories
- Fat: 0.1gr
- Carbs: 23.9gr
- Fiber: 3gr
- Protein: 2gr
- Potassium: 17% RDI
- Manganese: 17% RDI
- Copper: 16% RDI
- Vitamin B6: 16% RDI
- Riboflavin: 12% RDI
That is the entire nutritional value in chestnuts. Chestnuts can be flexibly processed into many delicious dishes such as: chestnut cake, chestnut stewed chicken, salted roasted chestnuts, eaten directly,…
With the nutrients in these chestnuts, processed into salted roasted chestnuts, it will be very good for your health. Eating salted roasted chestnuts will bring benefits such as:
- Strengthens intestinal bacteria, good for the intestinal digestive system
- Promotes stable cardiovascular health
- Supplement iron for the body (Especially good for women on “strawberry shedding” days)
- Good for the nervous system, preventing Alzheimer’s disease
- Good for bones and joints, prevents osteoporosis, reduces bone fractures
- Enhance the body’s immunity
To absorb nutrients and prevent these diseases. Let’s go to the kitchen together and find a way to make salted roasted chestnuts to enjoy right away.
How to make salted roasted chestnuts to snack on?
- 1kg chestnuts
- 400gr salt
Step 1: Prepare chestnuts
- When you buy chestnuts, wash them with clean water
- Let the chestnuts dry and drain completely
- Using a knife, score directly on the cross-shaped chestnut shell
Step 2: Boil the chestnuts
- Put 500ml of water in the pot and boil the water
- When the water boils, put all the chestnuts in and boil for 20 – 25 minutes
- Boil the chestnuts for 20 – 25 minutes. Turn off the stove and braise the chestnuts in the pot for about 10 minutes.
- Using a sieve, remove the boiled chestnuts from the pot and let the chestnuts cool
Step 3: Roast chestnuts with salt
- Put 400gr of salt into the pan and place the pan on the stove
- Roast salt over medium heat for 5 minutes, roasting salt and stirring well
- Pour the boiled chestnuts into the salt pan
- Roast the chestnuts with salt for 10 minutes until the chestnut shells crack
Step 4: Finished product
- Salt-roasted chestnuts have a characteristic salty taste from the salt, the meat inside is sweet, fatty, and extremely delicious.
What should you keep in mind when making salted roasted chestnuts at home?
Although, making salted roasted chestnuts at home is quite simple. However, you need to note a few things to make the dish most delicious and attractive:
- Choose fresh, pest-free chestnuts: Fresh chestnuts will have a more fragrant and delicious taste than pest-free chestnuts. You can choose to buy fresh chestnuts at dry goods stores, supermarkets or markets.
- Wash chestnuts: Fresh chestnuts easily accumulate dirt on the shell surface. Therefore, you need to wash chestnuts before roasting. You can wash fresh chestnuts under clean running water or soak them in water for about 30 minutes.
- Peeling the chestnuts: Peeling the chestnuts will help the chestnuts ripen more evenly and make them easier to peel. You can use a knife to cut a cross or a cross on the chestnut shell.
- Roasting chestnuts over low heat: Roasting chestnuts over low heat will help the chestnuts cook evenly and not burn. You should roast chestnuts in a cast iron pan or non-stick pan.
Hopefully the above information will help you make the most delicious roasted salted chestnuts at home.
In addition, you can refer to more health news here: https://thucphamkho.vn/tin-tuc-su-kien/
Some other questions about salted roasted chestnuts?
How to preserve roasted salted chestnuts at home so they don’t spoil for a long time?
Salt-roasted chestnuts will quickly become moldy after being cooked, if not stored properly. Here are some ways to preserve salted roasted chestnuts so they don’t spoil for a long time:
- Store at room temperature: If you make small quantities of salted roasted chestnuts and use them all within 1-2 days, you should store them at room temperature. However, you need to choose a dry, cool place, away from direct sunlight. Roasted salted chestnuts stored at room temperature can be kept for 3 days.
- Store in the refrigerator: Storing roasted salted chestnuts in the refrigerator will help prolong their shelf life. The cool temperature of the refrigerator will keep the chestnuts fresh for 7 days. You should put chestnuts in a zip bag or plastic box with a tight lid. This will help keep the chestnuts from smelling like other foods.
- Storage in the freezer: The storage temperature for roasted salted chestnuts in the freezer is -18 degrees Celsius. This temperature will prevent the growth of bacteria and mold. This will help the roasted salted chestnuts stay fresh for 1 month. To store the chestnuts in the freezer, put them in a zip-lock bag and vacuum them so they don’t lose their delicious taste.
Hopefully, the above information will help you preserve salted roasted chestnuts for a long time.
How many calories in salted roasted chestnuts?
How to make salted roasted chestnuts has been explained in detail above by Dried Agricultural Products. Salted roasted chestnuts are used as a snack. However, if you are building a healthy diet to lose weight, you are definitely very interested in the answer to the question “How many calories are in roasted salted chestnuts?”. If you know clearly how many calories are in salted roasted chestnuts, it will help you consider a reasonable diet so as not to have too negative effects on your weight.
This is a very good question that nutrition researchers do not want to ignore such a good question.
According to the National Institute of Nutrition Research:
- 100 grams of salted roasted chestnuts provide about 140 – 145 calories for the body.
This is the detailed answer about the number of calories in salted roasted chestnuts. Looking at this calorie count, you can consider eating salted roasted chestnuts at the most appropriate time to avoid feeling full.
Does eating salted roasted chestnuts cause weight gain?
The amount of calories in salted roasted chestnuts has been explained in detail above. Looking at this amount of calories, many people ask the question “Will eating salted roasted chestnuts cause weight gain?”. To know the answer, let’s explore some of the main causes of weight gain:
- Firstly, weight gain or weight loss completely depends on each person’s diet and lifestyle. If you regularly use cooking oil processed with grease, high-fat dishes or fast food,… then you can easily gain weight. In addition, lack of exercise is also the reason why you gain weight.
- Second, an adult will need to consume a minimum of 667 calories per meal. If your calorie intake exceeds 667 calories, the excess calories will be converted into bad fat and will cause you to gain weight.
- Third, 100 grams of salted roasted chestnuts provide 140 – 145 calories for the body. So, to fill your stomach, you will eat at least about 450 grams of salted roasted chestnuts, meaning your body will absorb about 655.2 calories.
==> Conclusion: With such low calorie content, eating salted roasted chestnuts will not gain weight at all.
Although it doesn’t have a big impact on weight, salted chestnuts contain a lot of salt. If you consume too much salt in a meal, it will easily increase blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, stomach cancer, kidney failure, osteoporosis,… and some other health disorders.
Above is the entire detailed article answering the question of how to make salted roasted chestnuts to snack on at home that Dried Agricultural Products has shared with readers. It can be seen that making salted roasted chestnuts is very simple, not requiring too much skill or experience. However, the process and time to prepare the ingredients will be a bit cumbersome and time-consuming. When making salted roasted chestnuts at home, you will always feel secure because the product quality and ingredients for making roasted chestnuts have clear origins, ensuring food hygiene and safety.
Thank you for taking the time to follow this shared article. Wishing you success always!!!
Goodbye and see you again in the next posts!!!